We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to camp late April

Mad River Valley, VT
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to camp late April

I am planning a trip late April. What are reccomended camp sites. It appears Big Meadow is the only national park campground open that early. Should I be concerned about finding a camp site since I can reserve and have a ten hour trip to get there?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to camp late April

Another campground in SNP, Lewis Mountain Campground, opens mid April according to the Shenandoah website:

nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

With such a long drive and unable to make a reservation, your concerns are understandable. You may consider contacting Big Meadows and Lewis Mountain Campgrounds closer to your travel date to see how full they are running. May also want to have an alternate campground selected in advance. Good luck and enjoy Shenandoah.

2. Re: Where to camp late April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:46
Get answers to your questions about Shenandoah National...