We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute itinerary

Orlando, Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute itinerary

Planning a trip to ONP in July or August depending on the lodging. I have a companion airline ticket that I need to use before Aug 31.

I did manage to find 2 lodgings, one in the park for 5 days, and another bed and breakfast for 5 days in Port Angeles.

First we are a couple in our 61-62 in great shape although we are in Florida and not used to the altitude. We like hiking, wild life, history, scenery.

I've checked the forum, but I am overwhelmed with all the things to do there.

Questions: How many days should we stay in the park to enjoy most of it and not over stay.

We will come from Seattle. We have never been to Washington state.

Thank you TA members.

2 replies to this topic
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,648 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute itinerary

Your question is too broad and requires mind reading abilities I don't have. If you have been reading the forums, you know something about the layout of the park and the various hikes available. Which ones intrigues you? If you post back with a list, the DEs can discuss it with you to see if it works for you.

It would certainly help if you said where the park lodging was. Lake Quinault Lodge? Log Cabin Resort? Kalaloch Lodge?

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute itinerary

Yes where in the Park are you staying? I have to be honest IMO five days in Port Angeles is too long and too far from the must sees on the Coastal Side of the Park.

Reply to: Last minute itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olympic National Park