We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

My wife and I are toying with the idea of staying somewhere in Bryson City the next time we visit the smokies, this coming April. My question is, just how far is Cherokee and Bryson City from eachother, and what is the aprox driving time t'ween the two?

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

Check the exact distance on mapquest.com

I've visited the Cherokee area from Bryson City (Lloyds on the River is a great, peaceful motel off the main highway in BC).

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

8 miles and 15 minutes

nashville
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

hey Ray -- if you guys end up staying in Bryson City and are looking for some breakfast... there's a diner right on Everret Street (the main drag downtown) with fantastic breakfast. i wish i could remember the name of the place, but it escapes me.

also, if you're looking for some hiking, Tom Branch Falls is a short distance up the Deep Creek Trail and is very nice. there are two other falls (Juney Whank and Indian Creek) very close to here... you can get all three in less than 2 miles. Deep Creek is just a stone's throw from Bryson City.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

Thanks everyone for the input. We are regular visitors to the Smokie Mountains area, but this will be a new area (Bryson City) for us to stay in.

I'm really not able to do much hiking so my limit is about a 1/4 mile or so. That being said. we're mainly interested in going somewhere we've never been to before, and photographing new sights. I hate that I'm limited in my ability to wander around like I once could, but just being in the smokies and able to breathe in the higher altitude air and witness God's creation is so life reaffirming.

Ray

nashville
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

>>just being in the smokies and able to breathe in the higher altitude air and witness God's creation is so life reaffirming.

amen brother.

you know about Mingo Falls, near Cherokee, right? it's right off the road. also, the area around Highlands, NC has several great roadside falls to enjoy.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

You also have Socco Falls on 19 just before you get to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is kind of hard to find the pull off for the falls.

Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
78 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

We are old folks too. We took the train ride at Bryson last year and then went to Cherokee for the night. If you're going to Bryson from Paris, get off the interstate before Knoxville and go through Maryville. Then get on the Foothills Parkway and go to Bryson around that way. It will give you a nice change of scenery if you're used to going in through Sevierville. Don't forget to make a stop at Fontana Dam

8. Re: How far is Bryson City from Cherokee N. C.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...