We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking Directions

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Biking Directions

I’ve gotten a lot of my questions answered from reading other topics posted to this very helpful forum, so many thanks! We will be renting/riding from town, probably walking up the large hill to access the carriage road at Duck Brook Bridge. At signpost 5 should we go left or right to loop Witch Hole Pond. I assume the scenery is beautiful either way, so which has the least uphills climbs? Once that’s complete we will ride the 1 mile to Eagle Lake. Then, same question at signpost 9, should we start on East or West Side to take the least hilly loop around the lake? We will be wiped out at that point and plan to take bike shuttle back to town. How often do they pickup at this location. Is there more than one running during the season. We will be there end 6/22-6/27. Thank You

2 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking Directions

At signpost 5, turn to the right. In a mile you will be at the pond. You don't have to complete the 3.4 mile loop. When you come to signpost 4, head to Eagle Lake. At signpost 9 head straight ahead to follow along the West side of Eagle Lake. Go all the way around the lake, six miles. The bike express picks up every 30 minutes from Eagle Lake. There's a steep hill on the south end of Eagle Lake. If you go in the direction I recommend, the hill will be a downhill ride for you.

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking Directions

Thank you for the help. We will definitely be following your advice.

Reply to: Biking Directions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;