We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall color

Dallas
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
fall color

On April 3, we will do a self-drive day trip to the Blue Mountains. We will pick up a rental car in downtown Sydney around 9 a.m. after disembarking from a cruise, do our day trip and spend the night near the SYD airport before a flight out the next day.

Will there be fall color in the Blue Mountains on April 3? If so, where would be the best places to see color?

We are not hikers -- mainly "see-ers" so any suggestions for the best scenic spots within our time frame would be appreciated.

P.S. Hubby has done lots of driving in mountains and foreign countries (both sides of the road) so I am not worried about acclimation to Australian driving.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
134 reviews
21. Re: fall color

Serendipity! I will pass through Gundagai on Thursday. Niagara here I come.....thanks Wayoutback.....which as it happens is where we're going ( Flinders Ranges, Tibooburra). I was describing to my kids the other day how the milk was ladled out of a refrigerated tank/reservoir/ what do you call it? that was built into the undercounter of the milk bar. Maybe fridges weren't as common then....

And wow Txky, you can get them in the US? Maybe wicked Nestle won't discontinue them after all. They are very different to Crunchies, with respect. It's the way it shatters that matters.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
110 reviews
22. Re: fall color

I will have to try one when I come back to OZ next year and compare the two.

Sorry OP for sidetracking your post.

Hope you have a great holiday. Needless to say you'd probably see more fall foliage in Vermont, New Hampshire or New York. That part of the country during Autumn is phenomenal!

Same goes with this part of Canada since we have the same trees.

Edited: 24 October 2016, 16:25
23. Re: fall color

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2017, 09:46