We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raja & The Whales in September

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Raja & The Whales in September

Hi,

i have contacted the agency (Raja and the whales) which seems to be quite reputable and despite September being low season for whales watching (we were considering mid September) they assured me that the chances are pretty high and it is only the weather conditions which are not that favorable during the low season. The whales are always there).

I read quite a lot here on the forums that on contrary there's little chance to spot the whales in September.

Any ideas how trustworthy this agency is, can I rely on their positive outlook on the successful watching?

TIA

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,876 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

Hi there,

Well if it's the 30% of the days that they sail at all due to both enough bookers (not only you!) and the waves not being too high yes you do have a good chance. But 70% of the days no sailings...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

We did a day trip with Raja and the Whales. Thoroughly enjoyed it too. They are passionate about the whales and run a great trip.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

Hi Damond,

Didn't tried on http://mirissawhalewatchinglk.com/ ?

Currently they are the leading company in sri lanka.

Edited: 10 September 2015, 15:06
Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

But why no information about rates and no pics of the boat on their web page?

"Rates = Reasonable and lowest prices for Dolphin & Whale Watching Tour"

That looks not professional, sorry, my opinion.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,876 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

Well all rates in Mirissa are now same, Rs 6500 for a half day trip. The price competition had become so fierce that a competitor cut off the hand (!) of another one and is now serving jail, government intervened and put this fixed price...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Dendermonde, Belgium
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

We have done a trip with them and were very happy about it.

7. Re: Raja & The Whales in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Mirissa
Recent Conversations