We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help appreciated 7 to 9 nights in Sicily

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Itinerary help appreciated 7 to 9 nights in Sicily

We fly into Catania late June 2017 to embark on a 6 week trip around Sicily, Southern Italy, Croatia and Santorini - feeling VERY excited and lucky. I understand Sicily is huge and advice is it's a 2 week destination, however I can only allocate 6 to 8 nights max. We want to see the Valley of the Temples, Realmonte, sample a few stunning beaches, experience Modica and Ragusa and Noto. We'll have a car. We'll need accomodation with a pool or very very close to a beach. Question is...which areas to stay in and for how long ? Should I be looking for 2 bases (3 nights each), the first around Modica maybe and the second around Agrigento ? I was hoping for one in-land base and one coastal base (so we experience a beautiful beach), am I on the right track and if we do a beach location for 3 nights, which southern beach town should I be thinking about ? thanks so much !

California
Level Contributor
12,716 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary help appreciated 7 to 9 nights in Sicily

hi: i'm sure you will receive excellent guidance from destination expert Vagabonda...i just wanted to mention that if you can plan 8 nights, then do so. 6 nights is very little time and 2 extra nights is huge when traveling -- and the amount of destinations you are wishing to experience, you will need at least 8 nights. You have 5 destinations and at least 2 beaches in only a week....Vagabonda once told me "you don't need to see all the Val di Noto baroque towns" and she was correct.

So perhaps take a breath and prioritize your Sicily adventure.....remember that 2 nights somewhere does not equal 2 days; it is 1-1.5 days and that's because you have to get there from your previous destination. Travel time needs to be included in between each change and it's always more than the train/bus schedule or the posted driving time. Plan 1/2 day and if you arrive early, so much the better. EDIT--your title says 7-9 nights but your post states 6-8 nights. How many nights do you have for Sicily.....

Edited: 07 November 2016, 09:07
Dublin
Level Contributor
328 posts
2. Re: Itinerary help appreciated 7 to 9 nights in Sicily

I think you wanted to post this in the Sicily forum not Sicili.

3. Re: Itinerary help appreciated 7 to 9 nights in Sicily

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 00:45
Get answers to your questions about Sicili