We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Segovia

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
174 posts
42 reviews
53 helpful votes
Villa Segovia
Save

Hi all. Our family of four is going to Puerto Morelos and Cozumel next january. Searching for a hotel in Cozumel, I found this Villa Segovia, which seems really nice and our kind of place (small, good value for money, at US$ 200,00 tops and has rooms with two queen beds).

There are no reviews here in TA, and no one mentioned it on the forum. But it has good reviews in Booking.

Does anyone know something about this hotel? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Kechi, Kansas
Level Contributor
835 posts
1. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

Location, location, location! The landmark hotel is nice and on the water. Have no clue where the villa is located but looks nice.

Texas
Level Contributor
7,868 posts
56 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

Apparently the villa is a house, not a hotel way back on 45th. And then they have condos or a condo within the Landmark which is across the street from the sea.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
174 posts
42 reviews
53 helpful votes
3. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

Yes, that's it. Is the location really bad? We'll have a car. I don't mind staying far from the beach, but it would be nice to be near (about 10 min by car) restaurants. BTW, is parking a problem in the city center?

Texas
Level Contributor
7,868 posts
56 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

Find out if it has a gated parking area. I wouldn’t leave a rent car parked on the street. Got a battery stolen doing that.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
754 posts
23 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

If you end up in one of their rooms at the Landmark (which I agree is very nice), you receive a discount at the Money Bar right across the street on the ocean. They have good food, good snorkeling, and live music Thursday through Sunday nights which you can listen to from your balcony if you want to relax at the condo.

Texas
Level Contributor
7,868 posts
56 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

The location is not bad. You’ll be near restaurants.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
174 posts
42 reviews
53 helpful votes
7. Re: Villa Segovia
Save

Thanks, frogleg and cozlover!

Reply to: Villa Segovia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Cozumel
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.