We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

Is this the island from an ariel view has white sandy beaches and aqua green/blue beautiful water?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
8,440 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

Yes - one of them, anyway. But so do Barra, Vatersay, Harris, Berneray and other islands. Welcome to Paradise!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,962 posts
1 review
2. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

But none of them are west of Glasgow

sunny glasgow
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

Here are some pics from above that may be helpful ,although you might be best working it out from your flight path.

I had thought that the most likely was Coll (probably because I love the place) but am not really convinced of this, you will be best placed to kmow which of the isles it is.

…flyer.co.uk/Westernisles/…others.htm

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,673 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

As Dippyem says it will depend on what flight path your plane is allocated on the day.

There are 8 "tracks" across the Pond roughly 10 miles apart starting with Alpha to the south and Hotel to the north, so unless you know the profile of each island it will be hard to tell.

I'm never that lucky any time I fly out or in, must just be me but we are usually in clouds before the gear is up!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
365 reviews
5. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

There are flights from Glasgow to many of the Hebridean islands operated by Loganair (as a franchise partner with FlyBe) - see www.flybe.com or www.loganair.co.uk

The flight from Glasgow to the Isle of Barra is particularly famous, as the plane has to take off / land on the beach at Barra. The Isle of Barra is a delightful island and well worth a visit.

Edited: 27 July 2010, 04:37
6. Re: Flying West out of Glasgow Airport . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Eriskay