We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nawalgarh to Delhi

Kansas City, Kansas
2 posts
1 review
Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

What is the best way to get from Nawalgarh to Delhi? I am traveling there in March and would like to get back by train or bus the fastest way possible.

5 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
84 reviews
108 helpful votes
1. Re: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

May be you can go for Bus otherwise you have to come back to jaipur to take train or bus

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

Hi

if you like to go faster then hire car otherwise by bus go jhunjhunu and then to Delhi.

Thx

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36 posts
32 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

If time is a concern, better to hire a car. Note that roads between Mandawa and Delhi are in bad shape so it will take about 6-7 hours to cover the distance.

Kansas City, Kansas
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

Excellent - thanks for all the suggestions!

Nawalgarh, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
5. Re: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Save

HI Moosebite,

It all depends on your concerns:

- The fastest way: TAXI (around RS5000), 5 hours If there is no traffic on the road and 7 hours if traffic. It is not recommended to hire a private car because it is not insured whereas the taxi is. Both are more or less the same price.

- The cheapest way: The government bus goes directly (7 hours - around RS500 max)) from Nawalgarh bus station to New Delhi. If I recall properly there are only 2 night buses going there per day.

Pls note: The local buses (private) don't go directly to New Delhi. You will have to switch to a train or bus from Jaipur and government buses are safer.

- There is no train from Nawalgarh to Delhi only from Churu (80kms from Nawalgarh) to Delhi is possible.

Can I ask whether this is going to be your first time in Shekhawati and whether you will be travelling alone or with a group? The reason why I ask is because you might want to hire a guide in this area to guide you through the Havelis, steep wells, holy towns (especially the Havelis). As a matter of fact, I am a certified guide for the whole Northern India, specialized on Shekhawati as I am myself from Nawalgarh. I mostly do tours with motorbike or car which I own - depending on the requirements and time.

Hope that helps and we are looking forward to having you in Nawalgarh

Brgds,

Vicky

Reply to: Nawalgarh to Delhi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nawalgarh