We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late may family holiday

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
late may family holiday

I am considering San Jose as a base for 1 week with our 3 and 7 year old. We hope to rent a property and car. Can anyone recommend his resort? Are there plenty food chops/ markets/ restaurants? We are keen to avoid English/ Irish bars ect. We need a safe sandy beach and hope to get our 7 year old snorkeling so would like calmish waters. Any places nearby worth seeing apart from Almeria? Thanks, Catherine.

4 replies to this topic
Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
125 reviews
1. Re: late may family holiday

Quiet and beautiful spot but a bit isolated from the rest of Almeria province unless you have a car, as its in the Cabo de Gata natural park preservation area. Good beach in a bay and nearby are some of the best beaches in Spain (be aware of nudist zones when with kids.) Relaxing is the best description.

Some small shops and a few good restaurants

see www.unique-almeria.com/ website for full information about the area.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,964 posts
3,813 reviews
2. Re: late may family holiday

I would not stay in San Jose because it is too small. I suggest Roquetas de Mar because it is a beach resort with a very good beach.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: late may family holiday

Thanks for your reply. Were keen to stay in/ near Cabo de Gata and will have a car.

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
4. Re: late may family holiday

It's quiet and there are lovely beaches nearby. We have just got back and it's a very small town with two small supermarkets but numerous restaurants. You need a car and the next nearest twin is a 5-15min drive away so it's quite an isolated spot - If that is what your looking for?

There's not much to do in the town to my knowledge it really is sleepy. But lovely with it! Hope that helps

Reply to: late may family holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose