We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Update : Wayanad

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Coorg, Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi Wayanad Tourist,

It has been raining since yesterday night. It looks like the typical monsoon season has picked up. If you are planning for a trip for this weekend, please take the present update and finalise your plans.

If you want to enjoy your Monsoon Holidays in Wayanad or Ayurvedic Treatment/Rejuvenation, best time to go for it!!

Regards

Sam

30 replies to this topic
Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Thanks sam.

we have planned for the weekend through 14th.

guess we need to enjoy monsoon holidays only!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi There,

Saw a lot of posts from you on TripAdvisor. I was very impressed. Need your expert advise on a trip to Coorg - Wayanad with my wife and kid (4 Years)

Our current itinerary is as follows. We are traveling from Hyderabad and flight tickets are booked:

21 Aug (Tue) - Arrival at Mangalore Airport. Take taxi to Coorg

Till 24 Aug (Fri) stay in Coorg. After Breakfast move to Wayanad

24 Aug - 27 Aug - Stay in Wayanad.

After breakfast to Calicut airport

Need your assistance for the below:

1. We are preferring for a good hotel with decent rooms in the center of the Town so that in the evenings we can walk down to the local market areas. I think in Coorg the center is Madikeri and for Wayanad it is Kalpetta. Correct me if I am wrong. We are not preferring home stays or resorts that are out of the reach of local market areas. Our budget is 3,000 to 3,500 per night. If we get a good hotel for a lesser price I will be more than happy.Can you advise any good hotel with good restaurants in or around in the center of the town please. We are worried about the food as my kid is very choosy and we don't want to suffer during the trip.

2. I was actually planning to book a hotel via makemytrip.com. Do the hotels or resorts accept the reservations made through this site? Or are we subjected to some hard ordeals or unknown hidden costs? I am totally confused.

3. Do you prefer to book the hotels once we arrive in Coorg/Wayanad or do an advance reservation?

4. Are taxi's available at Mangalore airport and how much do they charge for dropping us to Coorg?

Any other advise or word of caution are welcomed.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Coorg, Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi Naseer,

Welcome to TA and Wayanad and also thanks for the nice words.

1. Coorg Regency is reasonably good, much below your budget. Better accommodation, you may have to look for resort or homestay.

2. I suggest booking 01 Night at Sulthan Bathery and 02 Nights at Kalpetta.

Sulthan Bathery, check out hotel Mint Flower, has a good restaurant. You can also check out Jubilee Restaurant of Sulthan Bathery (Check out Chicken Biriyani of Jubilee. Please take the entrance from parking). Kalpetta, check out Hotel Woodlands, Kallat Hotel or Hotel Green Gates).

3. Please do the reservations before hand for a smoother trip. No comments about MMT, personally, I had bad experience. You may book directly or through a good tour operator.

4. Take cab for your entire trip, than taking only for dropping to Coorg, as taking different cabs at different places would work out costly.

Please feel free to revert for any further query.

Refer my post for places of Wayanad: tripadvisor.in/…42324257

Regards

Sam

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi Sam ,

We are planning a trip to Ooty and Wayanad from Bangalore on 15th Aug ,

Can you please let me know the road condition from Ooty to wayanad and current weather condition in wayand . We will be reaching there in wayanad on 17th Aug and staying there for 2 nights , so please suggest some good hotel below 1500 RS .

Thanks,

Vijay

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi Vijay,

Already responded to your message.

Have a wonderful trip.

Regards

Sam

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

What is the weather like now? Wayanad has had history of lanslips with heavy rains. After the Kannur calamity, how does it look for Wayanad?

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi

It has been raining through out the night yesterday. Morning there was break for sometime.

Will keep updating on the same.

Sam

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi Wayanad Tourist,

As few holidays are coming up, it seems rain is subsided. It has not been raining since yesterday.

Regards

Sam

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

After few sunny days, it was raining this afternoon. Weather is cloudy.

Will update soon.

Regards

Sam

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
821 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Update : Wayanad

Hi

As the weekend rush is over, it started raining again in Wayanad. We had very good rains this afternoon.

Will keep updating on weather condition.

Reply to: Weather Update : Wayanad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta