We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

I am planning to book a private transfer for our upcoming visit to EPM in Oct but have the included Olympus transfer with our package. Just curious if booking a round trip transfer is necessary for the return portion? Does anyone know if they pick you up a lot earlier than necessary for the return trip if you don't do the private transfer or is there little difference? Was thinking I would just book the one way trip for arrival since I hate to risk all of the drop-offs along the way.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

If there are stops to drop people off on the way to your resort, there are going to be stops to pick people up on the way to the airport.

Only you can decide if the cost of a private transfer is worth it. I will ALWAYS book a private transfer over taking a big bus but for my upcoming trip, I know they only use vans (Best Day), so I'm taking my chances. I figure that if the transfer to the resort is really awful, I'll just take a taxi back to the airport when it's time to come home.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

I would do return. You will get picked up at a more reasonable time. If you go shared transfer you will be first picked up, thus earlier than actually need be.

Cancun transfers is only $70 return

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

Thank you! I will just plan to book the round trip! Don't want to end my trip on a cranky note!! Will try to let Olympus know that I won't be using the included transfer so they don't waste the other people's time waiting for us! Thanks again!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

kerlyranoakville_ON - I'm wondering if that quote of $70 for a return transfer is a mistake as we had a round trip private transfer with USA Transfers for $69 total. It might have thrown off the OP.

Level Contributor
892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

We used a transfer to EPM, but had EPM call a cab for us on the return back to the airport.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

Thank you mo32! I kinda think Kerlyranoakville may have meant $70 for round trip too! I just booked Cancun Transfers and that was actually the total cost which I decided was so worth not stressing over the possible extra stops along the way! Thanks all for your input!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

Yes, return trip means round trip.... In Canadian...haha!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

LOL, learn something new every day.

9. Re: Private transfer...beneficial for return trip also?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres