We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

Does anyone know the time/distance to Patong Beach and roughly how much they charge by taxi.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

the taxi will cost you 900 to 1100 (crazy) and time about 40 minutes. if you can get 4 or five people in that taxi not so bad, still this is a one way price.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

make it 50mins to an hour, it's app 50km. it takes forever:-) and yes, you can get it for 900.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

Hi FrancisK1903, on several occasions, with stay in JW Marriott and Sala, we take the hotel free shuttle tuk tuk/golf buggy to Turtle Village,and just across from the main foyer of Turtle Village,there is a taxi kiosk,and from this point to Patong Beach--it will pass Jung Ceylon first, then go along,and make a right turn to access Beach Road(Thaweewong Road), and we alighted at a point just after the right turn into Bangla..the single journey taxi cost is THB900.00.

We had also paid THB750 and also THB800,when I saw the taxi that came,was just a normal sedan (usually they use Mitsubishi Lancer or Toyota Altis), when I paid THB900, the taxi was a Toyota Camry..then in the evening, I managed to arrange the same driver to pick us up at Jung Ceylon(at the point just after passing True Coffee on your left),and as it was dark already...I just paid him THB1000.00.

He was happy and I was happy as I managed to do all my one week grocery at Carrefour with eight carrier bags. He was also so nice to deliver us right in front of our villa,instead of at main lobby of JW Marriott,and helped us to carry our carrier bags upto our villa.

Depending on traffic conditions, it takes around 50minutes to 1hour+

4. Re: Time/Distance to Patong Beach from Mai Khao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:12
Get answers to your questions about Mai Khao
Recent Conversations