We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights at Moevenpick?

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
109 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights at Moevenpick?

Hi everyone,

I've been doing a lot of research (couple of months, maybe more, including a lot of street viewing) about where i really want to stay.

I'm going with my wife for the first time to Thailand. We're on our early 30's. We want to eat well (thai, of course), walk around, shop, have a drink at night (not partying, we don't want hangovers!). I was thinking at first in the Katathani, but there are not many options around...

That's why I´m thinking on going to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa (3-9 nov), in a seaview room. I've read a lot of reviews about the hotel, pool, rooms, renovations, etc, but the thing that worries me the most is the noise, since the room will be next to the street. Will this be a problem?

Also we're choosing this hotel because it's right across the street from the beach (we would prefer beachfront).

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

Don't worry about the street noise as there are heaps of trees between the beach entrance and the rooms also at the front you are set well back from the road. Enjoy your stay , we did. We stayed for 10 days and we loved the hotel we could not fault one thing about it make sure you have their ice cream it's delicious

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
109 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

Thanks Kayep. We'll sure try the ice cream.

Cronulla, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

OMG I love this Resort. We stayed last year and didn't want to leave. We stayed at 4 different places and it was the best. We were going to miss breakfast because we were doing the Similan Island tour and they packed a bag each of food to eat while travelling on our tour so we didn't starve.

The breakfast is amazing, first morning, didn't know where to begin, the grounds amazing, pool is great and the staff are lovely.

We are going back again in March 2015 and staying 8 nights. I wish I there now

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

Also the Movenpick is located in walking distance to some good restaurants and some shopping etc. A friend of ours owns a seaview apartment there and we have visited quite a few times. Never really heard any traffic and the of course the views are great!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
488 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

There's not much traffic on Patak Road in the daytime, and less at night. I've stayed a couple of times next door at the Old Phuket. You'll get more noise from the beer garden than from the road. Karon is very comfortable and low-key. I'm generally bored by beaches but there are great day trip options, and lots of dining.

6. Re: 5 nights at Moevenpick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations