We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can i buy Dry bags

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where can i buy Dry bags

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any diving shop on kata beach where I can buy waterproof bags? And what is the price there? I am debating to buy in Aust. Before going or will I get it cheaper there? Thank you~ also what's the price for snorking gears? Can I get goggles with prescriptions? Hubby can't wear contact lenses...

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

Hi PP. You can get dry bags all over the place, there are plenty of dive shops selling them.

They start around 300-350 baht for the 5l bags, 350-400 baht for 10l bags.

Plenty of masks and snorkeling equipment, not sure of the price as we buy in bulk. Yes, you get masks with prescriptions lenses, but someone else can tell you where and how much. Maybe ask Ringo, she will know. Has a scuba company, Phuket Scuba Club.

If you are booking a snorkeling tour with a reputable operator, all snorkeling gear should be provided.

All the best,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

Drybags you buy cheapest at the shops selling all small beach gear. I have a diveshop, but really can't compete pricewise with those guys.

All diveshops can sell you good quality snorkeling gear. Prescription masks start at around 3,000 Baht for a good quality mask including lenses. Takes about 30 minutes to get the correct lenses.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

Phuket Scuba Club are in Kata. Have bought dry bags from them at a good price and you dont even have to haggle.

\GPC

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

We bought some at one of the Dive shops in Kata (sorry can't remember the name tho!). Good price, cheaper than what we can get in Oz. Also they are available at some of the streetstalls.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

Pretty much as said. I have bought then in general shops in Patong paid about 400b for 10L. As suggested if you want more info about masks etc pm Ringo or stevenl

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

There are also 2 big sports stores in Jungceylon shopping centre, first building, both stores have 2 floors). Huge range of dry bags & snorkeling gear.

Cathy

7. Re: Where can i buy Dry bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 14:52