We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in october

manchester
Level Contributor
707 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in october

Hi my partener and i are thinking of going to phuket in early oct, but not sure about the weather. Would we better going to Krabi or samui . Never been to asia before, we had it all planned to go a few years ago at xmas but the freak snow ruined our plans and we never got there. Many thanks.

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in october

Phuket has tropical monsoon climate its warm mostly all year but april may and september october are hottest and wettest same with krabi or sumai all remain wet.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in october

October is the wettest month in Thailand and it is the start of the monsoon season in Samui, however, Phuket on average tends to have more rainfall in October. You will usually get a mixture of rain and sun, but it will always be warm. Seas start to get rough in October on Samui.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in october

Hi, Can you not do November, weather would be better then, October could be ok but could be rain, been twice in Oct before once not too bad and the 2nd time rained everyday and one day nice, so its pot luck really.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in october

OK, here is a prediction of weather of Phuket on October. Please check it out: accuweather.com/en/…320075

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in october

"Prediction" of weather 2 months in advance is about as accurate as using a gypsy ball. No one has any genuine idea what it will be like this far ahead. The only certainty is that there will be some rain.,

manchester
Level Contributor
707 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in october

Hi guys thanks for the help and info. We were thinking of going over xmas, but its so much more expensive so we have got some time off in early oct so i keep looking for deals.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in october

Even sites like Windguru predicting weather over the next few days (never mind the next 2 months) have not been accurate recently.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in october

The weather will be whatever it is . But it will be hot. You would be unfortunate to get bad weather the whole trip. I have been to phuket for the last 7 October's and the most I have lost on any one trip was 2 days,, and that was only once. Last year perfect weather with just 2 brief storms at night. October in my opinion is a great time to go, that's why I keep going back then, end if low season and great prices

9. Re: Weather in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 16:46