We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Kruger Park

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Kruger Park

What is the best and cheaper way to go and return again, from Johanesburg to the Kruger Park ?

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Kruger Park

My guess would be to self drive, but others may know more

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Kruger Park

Hi netseaman,

Gavin is spot on. In general, definitely self drive is the cheapest option. It does depend on how many people in your group. With bigger groups a road transfer could also work out reasonably cost effective per person. For the Kruger National Park itself, self drive is definitely the best option with regards to flexibility.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Kruger Park

Hi there,

I can also recommend Ashton's Shuttle Service - R650 each way, departs from Johannesburg/Pretoria and delivers you directly to the Greater Kruger (servicing spots close to the Klaserie, Timbavati, Balule and other reserves such as Thornybush, Kapama, Karongwe). But for the actual public Kruger Park, self driving would definitely be the best option.

4. Re: Trip to Kruger Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Greater Johannesburg