We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

hi i'm arriving SAA flight into Jo'bg at 8:35 am and connecting to Nairobi at 9:40 am. has anyone done this connection? is that enough time to make the connection?

thank you!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,491 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

I think so.. But call the SAA reservations office here and be sure that your bags will be checked all the way through to Nairobi so that you don't need to clear Customs and re-check them. I have done this same route myself, but not recently enough to be sure the bags are checked through. They should be. Try to get your seat assignment now for the flight from JNB to NBO. Then you can easily deplane, go through the Transit entry into the Departures part of the Terminal and head for the gate where the NBO flight boards.

USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

many thank yous!!

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
684 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

I did the connection in 06 and 07. 65 mins is plenty of time - the airport is easy and quick to get around even when I went during the Christmas period...

4. Re: interntl connecting flight to Nairobi, is 65 minuets enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 00:21
Get answers to your questions about Greater Johannesburg