We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area to stay in Johannesburg

Cebu Island...
2 posts
Save Topic
Area to stay in Johannesburg

it will be my first time in joburg. What area is nice to stay? Safe, good neighborhood, near restaurant and mall.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

Dear Steve.

I prefer Rosebank a very nice area to stay. There is a lot of hotels, Hyatt, Holiday Inn Rosebank, The Crown Plaza Rosebank and also the Courtyard Hotel. The Rosebank Mall is very nice and all in walking distance to the hotels. Very safe, from the airport you can take the Gautrain that stops right in Rosebank.

On Sundays the very popular Roof Top Market is on. Lot of restaurants to choose from.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Johannesburg.

Agnes

Felleng Tours

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

Dear Steve.

I prefer Rosebank a very nice area to stay. There is a lot of hotels, Hyatt, Holiday Inn Rosebank, The Crown Plaza Rosebank and also the Courtyard Hotel. The Rosebank Mall is very nice and all in walking distance to the hotels. Very safe, from the airport you can take the Gautrain that stops right in Rosebank.

On Sundays the very popular Roof Top Market is on. Lot of restaurants to choose from.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Johannesburg.

Agnes

Felleng Tours

Edited: 10 October 2011, 23:07
Cebu Island...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

Thank you for the reply. How does sandton area sound?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

Sandton is also fine with lots of restaurants and close to big shopping mall.

Safe to take the Gautrain to Sandton. Try out the Butcher Shop for dinner on Nelson Mandela Square,

Level Contributor
25 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

I'm in Sandton at the moment, first time in Joburg and a 40 something woman from Australia. We are at Garden Court Hotel, right opposite Nelson Mandela Square with great restaurants and shopping. Hotel is fab, very safe and people really friendly... We are also driving everywhere ourselves and it's no problem at all. Feel completely safe. Have driven to Pilanesburg Game Park and Soweto twice... I love it here!!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

I am so glad you enjoy South Africa. Just back from a Soweto Tour. They enjoyed it very much. Pilanesberg is my favourite...

7. Re: Area to stay in Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 20:47