We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better Choice: Sandton or Bedfordview

Atlanta, Georgia
11 posts
Save Topic
Better Choice: Sandton or Bedfordview

I will be working in Bedfordview for 3 week in late January. I want to make the best choice on hotel location. Would you prefer to stay in Sandton or Bedfordview. Some factors to consider are nearby restaurant choices, safety, and drive time from Sandton to Bedfordview.

Mentioned in this post
Bedfordview
Bedfordview
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
Sandton
Sandton
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better Choice: Sandton or Bedfordview

Hi jawilson,

I would recommend that you stay in Bedfordview if you are working in the area. The traffic to Sandton is a nightmare already, and is getting worse. You can count on 1.5 to 2 hours each way drive time to be safe (may be less, but don't rely on that), and you'll be in the thick of it in both directions.

Bedfordview is a lot quiter than Sandton in terms of hotel trade, but there are some good ones (and excellent guesthouses), and a host of restaurants in the area. Infrastructure is good and safety comparable to Sandton, in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Bedfordview
Bedfordview
Sandton
Sandton
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better Choice: Sandton or Bedfordview

I have to agree, I'd stick to Bedfordview. There are really good places to stay and things to do, plus as mentioned you won't have to deal with the hectic traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Bedfordview
Bedfordview
3. Re: Better Choice: Sandton or Bedfordview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 09:47