We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to lansdowne

Ghaziabad
1 post
visit to lansdowne
Save

just want to relax for 3-4 days. is it worth going to lansdowne from ghaziabad ?

Agra, India
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

You can go to Bhimtal and Naukuchiatal.

deepak

Edited: 11 years ago
India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
2. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

I would suggest for 2 days in Rishikesh and 2 days in Lansdowne. You may try Ganga Resort at Rishikest, run by GMVN, superb location.

Edited: 11 years ago
noida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Lansdowne is ideal location for relaxation. Stay at huts near cantonment area. They are superbly run and surrounding scenary is beautiful.

Bibhav

New Delhi, India
1 post
4. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

What is the tariff for these Huts ? Do u need advance reservation? How is the road condition for self drive?

New Delhi, India
14 posts
5. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Advance reservation might be of help since it is peak season and Lansdowne has recently become rather popular. The roads are in great condition all the way through.

Raj
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Hi, please go ahead. I also reside in Ghaziabad. However I went by train till kotdwar and from there I took a taxi to L'downe. Its a beautiful place with rains all around and when the weather clears its awsome view of valleys. Also visit Tarkeshwar Mahadev temple, it is a small place in midst of dense forests. L'downe is well planned, very peaceful and a lovely place. Pine trees are too good here.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

hi, how far is L'downe from kotdwar? do you book a cab in advance?

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
8. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Kotdwar to Lansdowne is 40 kms, taxis are readily available.

Edited: 10 years ago
Bangalore
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
14 helpful votes
9. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Hi, I am planning to make a visit to Lansdowne in the long weekend of 13-14-15 August. Starting from Delhi on 12th Evening by train or bus.... reaching morning of 13th... leaving for Delhi back on the 15th.

I will be accompanied by my wife, who is an equally adventure enthusiast.

Although I think I am seriously late in booking train tickets. I want to avoid road travel as much as possible.

Could you guys suggest alternatives? if I am not able to go to Lansdowne (after failing to get Tatkal Tickets etc) then I think I will head to Rishikesh, haridwar etc.

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: visit to lansdowne
Save

Staying options in Lansdowne are very limited as the Army controls all the construction in the area.Would be a good idea to pre book.

Get answers to your questions about Lansdowne