We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Save

I am planning to drive to Lansdowne in the next few days. Would it be advisable given there can be heavy fog? I am very comfortable driving in the city (Delhi, driving for 8 years) but haven't driven a car in hilly areas.

To get around the fog and the hilly area driving thing, I am thinking about reaching there in the noon – meaning that I will start from Delhi early morning. Then I can check out the next noon and head back.

Do you guys think this is a good plan?

4 replies to this topic
Lansdowne, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
1. Re: Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Save

Lansdowne hill region is free from Fog. You may find fog on the way while driving Merrut, Bijnore area. Kindly check conditions while starting from Delhi. You may plan to start little late ( not very early morning).

New Delhi, India
2 posts
2. Re: Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Save

Thanks for your response. Just out of curiosity – how's the region free from fog?

India
2 posts
3. Re: Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Save

Hi , I will also be driving first time in hills? How was your experience could you please share?

Nainital, India
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
290 reviews
1,617 helpful votes
4. Re: Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Save

Neeraj

Drive to Lansdowne no problem to my knowledge, but drive in day time avoid night driving. Happy journey

Reply to: Would it be advsiable to drive to Lansdowe at end of Dec?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lansdowne
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.