We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep

3 posts
Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

Hi All,

Could anyone confirm the road and weather conditions for a road trip from Delhi to Lansdowne? There are news on sporadic rains and flooding in parts of Uttarakhand but nothing specific on the Delhi-Lansdowne route. Travelling with family hence want to be double sure before the journey.

Thank you and would appreciate a confirmation.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
1. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

the road leading from delhi to lansdowne is fine as of now but personally i feel you should avoid going there if you are travelling with family for their safety.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
423 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

Today morning, I heard it from someone that there’s a landslide in Lansdowne. As I browse the news, I don’t see anything as such. How far is this information correct?

3 posts
3. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I made the trip and the road conditions were superb. Completed the journey from Gurgaon to to n top point in 6 hrs.

It's safe to travel.

3 posts
4. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

I returned on 14 SEP and there was no blockage found. As a suggestion, there are phone numbers available for caretakers of garwhal Vikas mandal resorts, and you may check with them as well before the journey. I did it and worked for me.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
423 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

Thanks so much for the info, Rahul!

6 posts
6. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

How was your trip..is it safe now to travel??

2 posts
7. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep
Save

What all did u do in Lansdowne and how many days? It will help me plan. I'm going for 2.5 days

8. Re: Road conditions for Delhi to Lansdowne trip during mid Sep

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Lansdowne
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.