We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Jinotega, Nicaragua

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Visiting Jinotega, Nicaragua

HI

I will be travelling to Nicaragua early January. Visiting the coffee farms around Jinotega is at the top of my list. What is the best way to commute around there? Do we have to rent a car or are there other options to have a vehicle. Farm owners I contacted made it clear that having a vehicle will allow us to visit the farms. Otherwise may be tough given the harvest season.

And if renting a car is the only option, putting aside the budget angle, will it be safe? (we'll be two girls, both of us can drive).

Many thanks!!!

Gulcin

2 replies to this topic
Jinotega, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Visiting Jinotega, Nicaragua

Dear Gulcin,

It really depends when you are going! We have a great bus system up here... also the main roads are pretty easy to get around and most are well maintained!

We offer a private transportation service if you are interested as well! www.traveljinotega.com. We would be happy to provide you "day transportation trips", etc...

Please get in contact if we can serve you!

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
361 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Visiting Jinotega, Nicaragua

HI

Some of the coffeee farms are very remote and you need probalby a 4 wheel drive..You like to do day exurscion or stay at the farms...maybe hart to find coffee farms which offer stay...There are few in the Matagalpa/Jinotega area wich offer rooms (El Jaguar Reserve, Selva Negra, Esperanza Verde,La Bastilla Eco Lodge..)

Cheers

Salta

Reply to: Visiting Jinotega, Nicaragua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jinotega