We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelianos Kampos

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Adelianos Kampos

Hi All,

I am flying to Chania airport at the end of July and staying in Adelianos Kampos, I got a very cheap deal. It is proving impossible to find transfers though as I was told Rethymnon transfers will not take you to Adelianos Kampos.

I have never been to Crete before, does anyone have any idea how me and my fiance can get to and from the airport relatively cheaply? or even how much the taxis are from there to Rethymnon? We don't really want to have to keep swapping buses etc either as it increases the chances of gettin lost!

Please help!

14 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Hi

If you can arrange shuttle transfers to Rethymnon centre, then it will probably be best to do that. Then you can either get a city bus to Adelianos, or a taxi. Where are you staying, do you know how far from the bus stop it is? Most places in Adelianos should be quite near to walk, even with luggage.

The other cheap alternative is to do the whole journey by bus. This will partly depend on whether your flight arrival coincides with a bus to Chania. That bus will take you to the main bus station in Chania, where there are hourly buses to Rethymnon. Then as above.

Bus timetables follow - these are current spring schedules, but will update during the season; expect many more buses on the Rethymnon-hotels route, a few more on the others:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

The one you want on the last one is the hotels service near the bottom of the page. This goes through Adelianos.

Two more things - if you get the city bus in Rethymnon, I think you have to buy tickets before you get on, from a kiosk or the bus station, and I'm not sure if the city bus to the hotels goes from the main bus station. Maybe someone with better local information can help?

Taxis are expensive. I would guess €90 - €100 for the whole journey, €25-€28 for airport to Chania if there isn't a bus, very rough guess of €15 for Rethymnon - Adelianos.

Hope this helps

Steve.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Wow thank you very much for your quick reply!

We are staying in Maravel Land just on the beach, I do not know if it is close to a bus stop I cannot find a website for it. Is it possible to book transfers to Rethmynon even if you are not stayin there?

I though the resort we are stayin in was actually in Rethymnon but I have been told since it is a suburb and so tough pretty much. It does sound like the easiest option to try and get a transfer as we are travelling around 1 - 2 o'clock in the afternoon as I can imagine it will be scorching.

Thanks again for your help

Sam

CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adelianos Kampos

I know the hotel it is close to the beach and there is a bus station to rethymno until 11 o clock at night i think. The bus station stop is close for buses that go to rethymno but not for buses that come from heraklion although you can stop in platanias and take a taxi for 5-6 euros to get there. So a transfer is better and then use mostly the public buses to get in and out of rethymno except if you stay out at night in rethymno after midnight. Enjoy your stay

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Tera2, do you know if the city buses go through the main bus station or do they start off somewhere near the city park? If Samantha could get off at the main bus station and get on a city bus to Adelianos there, that could be an option for her as well.

Samantha, most tour companies includes all the suburbs in with the town, but it's only about 7km from the city centre.

Regarding booking a transfer, the best idea is to see what options they offer you in Rethymnon. TBH I am surprised they aren't offering to take you to Adelianos, and it may be that you can choose a hotel in Platanes/Platanias, which is the next suburb along nearer to town - and which MUST NOT be confused with the Platanias the other side of Chania!!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Thanks very much you have been so helpful. The hol is not through a tour company its a DIY one, I have been trying to book a transfer through Travel Republic with no luck, i have tried a few other sites 2.

I think I'll try and get a transfer to Rethymnon or Plantanias(Rethymnon) and make my way from there, hopefully its not too complicated!

Thanks to both of you!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adelianos Kampos

That's OK, hope you get it sorted out. Presume you've tried resorthoppa, a2b etc?

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adelianos Kampos

I have tried them but I did notice on Resort hoppa yesterday that you can email them if your resort is not in the drop down box and they will get back to you if it is possible. I did notice they go virtually passed Adelianos Kambos when they go to Panormos (which was in the drop down box) so hopefully finger crossed we can get a shuttle all the way!

Cheers guys you've been great!

Sam

CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adelianos Kampos

The bus that go to most hotels in adelianos starts at the end of the bus that comes from heraklion thanx for the note so the best way is get to the bus from the airport and tell the driver to leave you In CHANIOPORTA there the bus that goes to rethymno passes then stop at the final stop in rethymno and from there take the bus to the hotels. Do not worry you will find your way...

Alba Iulia, Romania
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Hi I was wondering if you can help. I am staying at the hotel Rethymno Village in the Adelianos Kampos area and I was wondering if you know where I can find a tourist office nearby. I want to go and see the Knossos palace and I wanna reach Balos Lagoon. Is is cheaper if you plan your trip by bus or buy a tour ticket? Thanks!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adelianos Kampos

Cris, I have replied on your other thread.

Reply to: Adelianos Kampos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Adelianos Kampos
Recent Conversations