We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

Brierley Hill...
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
prices

going back to crete in july after 4 years,staying at platanaes? i know season hasnt started yet .but last time there it was very expensive for food and drink,am all inc anyway,but would be interested to find out anyway.normally go to zante

3 replies to this topic
Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices

Difficult question to answer for a specific place as prices to vary from place to place around Crete....

And the question of prices seems to be very subjective, last year we had a lot of postings saying Crete was very expensive, and others saying it was cheap....

If you thought Platanias was expensive four years ago then I can tell you that during that time prices have risen, but then Greece does have inflation the same as everywhere else......Even on Zante prices have risen.

As you are AI it is not really important to you, but I know that a lot of people staying AI do like to go out on occasions.

When places start to open up it will be easier for us to tell you...

I can tell you that prices on Crete are very similar to Peru, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,235 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices

@Mitselakis, I wonder if you could clear something up for me? I presume brierleybonk is staying in Platanes near Rethymnon, not Platanias near Chania. Lots of people say that they are both spelt Platanias, but road signs, websites etc. also say Platanes for the one near Rethymnon. Which is correct? Is there any different Greek meaning for the two words, or is it just a different ending of the same word?

Incidentally, I have never seen the one near Chania called anthing except Platanias.

Thanks for your help!

Steve.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices

There are normal prices at Tvernas like To Kellari, Garden taverna(both PLatanes) or at Stratis in Tsesmes, just above Adele. Dont forget Zizzi's in Misseria on the way to Rethymno, the best in the area for Greek and Cretan kitchen

Reply to: prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Adelianos Kampos
Recent Conversations
More Adelianos Kampos Topics