We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Agios Gordios

Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Reviews of Agios Gordios

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help us as we are looking for somewhere to stay in Corfu. We are looking for a quiet beach holiday, close to traditional tavernas and small town but as far away as possible from any English breakfasts, clubs and kiss me quick hats. I saw Agios Gordios and booked Panoramic Sea View Apartments (refundable) as it seemed a nice area and the apartments had a sea view which is an absolute must have, as well as access to a beach, also a must. The trouble is there are no reviews for these apartments anywhere and I really do not know if Agios Gordios is for us. It is so hard to decide and so much rests on it as we are celebrating a big birthday and I want tit to be perfect.

I would be so grateful for any reviews

Thanks

32 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,794 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

are these the apartments

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

This was Adgios Gordios quite a long time ago when we stayed there

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22

Prescot, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
296 reviews
2. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Thanks for this!

Just booked mayor verde grand resort here , looks like our sort of place !

Obviously we will hire a car to see more of the island, but will be happy to walk to a little village for a change from a sun bed

Thanks

Lynne

hull
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Agios gordios is not full of English bars, it has many good traditional tavernas, which if you check them out on trip advisor and look at the photos of the tavernas it gives you a feel of the place. We enjoy the beach tavernas, and the sunsets are amazing. There are no kiss me quick hats here, it really is just one street leading down to the beach. I think on you tube there are some videos. Looking at the view from the apartments, they are up quite a steep hill. We stay at the Irene which are fab. Hope this helps

Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Thanks this is very helpful.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Can I add to this and ask if it is windy in June? Would it be safer to go for the East Coast?

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Not windy really. June is normally warm and settled.

silloth cumbria
Level Contributor
694 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

This will be our 5th time on the trot this year ,we stay at Sebastians,which is very good.The resort is just the place you have diiscribed .Its a beach resort with 14 taverna Resteraunts on the beach front,there is one Main Street that runs down to the beach which as another dozen or so travernas with a couple of cocktail bars ,a couple of other bars with a dozen or so shops and supermarkets and a couple of more fast food outlets,the rest are hotels and apartments sprinkled on side street and into the hills.Its very laid back very multinational but friendly .There is a couple of places that stay open late if you require a later night but most finish around midnightish.

cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Hi I have just booked for Agios Gordios too, I am celebrating a big birthday this year. I have had a good look at the resort and it does look really lovely. If you go on the Agios Gordios web page there is loads of info and you can have a virtual tour of just about every part of the resort. The beach appeals to us, we are staying at Sea Breeze which is right on the beach, we have 2 sons so we will be able to go onto the beach and leave them in the pool as they always moan if we have to go out anywhere lol. They are 11 and 15 so are old enough, also the free wifi and sunbeds on the beach from our hotel will be great for my 15 year old lol.

Manchester
Level Contributor
144 posts
213 reviews
9. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

Next week will be our 3rd time in 4 years - A great place. Certainly not full of English bars any many nice places to eat and drink. Sure you'll have a great time.

Herford, NW Germany
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Reviews of Agios Gordios

We have been to Agios Gordios 3 times over the past 10 years in between exploring other parts of Greece and are going again in September. We stayed at the big hotel first time around, but now stay at Sebastians every time we visit. We prefer being in the middle of the village, the big hotel is only a few minutes walk out though.

It's a great laid back small resort. The beach can get fairly busy, as it's a very nice beach, but it's not crazy. We would normally get a sunbed near the large rock that separates the big hotel beach from the rest of the beach, the Dutch lady that used to rent the beds out used to have them a bit more spread out than the centre of the beach. I hope she is still there on our return. The surrounding countryside is stunning. I tend to go for a walk in the hills for an hour or two every morning before meeting my wife on the beach. Also, as mentioned, the sunsets are beautiful, best I've seen personally. There are some nice little bars on the beach to watch the sunset too.

If it's not changed in the last few years I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Reply to: Reviews of Agios Gordios
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations
More Agios Gordios Topics