We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday shoping

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Sunday shoping

Hello,

we will get to Tenerife at Saturday/Sunday night. We are flying at Tenerife Sur Aeropuerto. We will not have food and we will need to buy some basic food (water, bread, cheese...) for our hiking trip. Could you give us some advise where it is possible to buy food on Sunday near Tenerife sur airport?

Thanks a lot

Hana

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
183 reviews
1. Re: Sunday shoping

Hi, there are some cafe at the airport, the best one is outside near the local bus stops. The nearest supermarket will be at San Isidro, the nearst town to the airport. If you are walking, it is across the motorway, as you walk up the access road from the airport. If you catch the local bus to Santa Cruz, it will stop in San Isidro. You may find that larger supermarkets close on Sundays, but smaller shops should be open. There are also a number of good value hotels, as well as buses to all parts of the island.

You can download the local TITSA bus timetable in English. There is also a new App. If you are going to use the buses, then it is worth buying a BONO discount card.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
182 reviews
2. Re: Sunday shoping

While San Isidro may be the closest town http://goo.gl/maps/vSxFZ this map shows it is all motorway and you can´t walk along the motorway, if you were to take the back road it would take well over an hour. It is also a very Spanish town, they close every day at lunchtime for siesta and there is no way any shops would be open on a Sunday, they don´t get tourists except those who have got lost, so no tourist type shops that might on the off chance be open. I can´t think of any alternative other than to buy some food in the airport and do your shopping on the Monday.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Sunday shoping

Thanks for your answer. I was afraid so. But we will have a car and Los Cristianos and las Americas is not so far. Is it possible to do some basic shopping there? Are the gas stations closed at Sunday to?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
182 reviews
4. Re: Sunday shoping

If you have a car you can go to Iceland in Los Cristianos it is probably the largest shop that will be open on Sundays. The hours are Saturday 09:00 - 19:00 Sunday 10:00 - 19:00 If you them send me a PM of where you are staying and I can give you directions on finding it.

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com

PS: Yes petrol stations are open.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 23:19
Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Sunday shoping

Found it. Thanks a lot.

Beaufort, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
126 reviews
6. Re: Sunday shoping

There is a Mercadona and a big Hyperdino in Las Chafiras though I don't think either of them are open late on a Sunday

7. Re: Sunday shoping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about El Medano
Recent Conversations