We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evenings in Castara

Gourdon, France
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Evenings in Castara

My husband & I are planning a trip to Trinidad & Tobago in January 2015 and really like the look of Castara for a few nights. We are favouring Castara Retreats but I think there is a minimum stay of 6 nights so we need to make sure that we won't be bored if we stay this long.

We are planning on having a hire car with us so we can get out and about during the days or sit on the beach or watch the birds.. We just want to get a good idea of how much, or little, there is to do in the evenings. We don't want to self cater so need to make sure that there is a reasonable enough selection of places to go for evening drinks and dinner.

We are not party animals but don't want to be going to bed at 9pm either. Are there places to go for a drink after dinner where we can have a chat to locals and other tourists?

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
568 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evenings in Castara

Yes!

To everything. There are a number of places to eat and drink in the village. None are tourist/visitor "only" so you will have plenty of opportunities to "lime" with the local villagers and visitors alike.

Once you have been in Castara a couple of days you may wish to extend your stay.

Most people do.........if not you WILL be back. such is the lure of Castara!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evenings in Castara

I LOVE Castara!! Anywhere up north is beautiful, but Castara does have a certain charm about it. Enjoy

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evenings in Castara

We stayed at Castara Retreats last April & loved it. One of our favourite things to do in the evening was to walk down to watch the local football matches . The pitch is at the centre of the village and the matches are brilliant , with some of the funniest commentary I've ever heard. The locals are super friendly & the women are often selling homemade spicy pasties that are fab. There was a match most nights when we were there. You can't beat the margaritas at Castara retreats though.

Mentioned in this post
Castara Retreats
Castara Retreats
478 Reviews
Tobago
4. Re: Evenings in Castara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2017, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Castara
Recent Conversations
More Castara Topics