We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hut around 8th Station - Mt Fuji

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hut around 8th Station - Mt Fuji

Hi All,

My Husband and I will be climbibng Mt Fuji early August. I have read that it is best to pre-book a hut on the trail, but I have no idea which one to choose - can anyone give me advice on the best huts? So far I have found the following: Goraiko-kan, Hon-Hachigome Tomoe-kan, Fujisan Hotel, Ganso-muro, Hakuun-so.

Thank you so much for your help!

Dory

Ireland
Level Contributor
736 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hut around 8th Station - Mt Fuji

On the Yoshida trail, Goraiko-kan is the closest hut to the summit, so if you pick it you will have a shorter distance to climb in the morning. It is actually located at station 8.5. This will make a difference especially if you are climbing during a busy period (holidays, weekends), which sounds like you are. The trail gets very congested at the top before the sunrise. You can book it on their website and prepay via PayPal.

2. Re: Best Hut around 8th Station - Mt Fuji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2017, 10:48