We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry service

GUWAHATI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
ferry service

We a family of four would be travelling to ffort resort raichak for the puja vacations. I shall be extremly grateful if someone can give a detailed schedule/fares/timings/frequency of the ferry service between raichak to kolkata( babughat , howrah )) .

Also is there any luxury service in this route.

Ajay jain

Guwahati

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry service

There is no such ferry service between Raichak and BabuGhat (Kolkata). The convenient mode of transport to reach Radisson Ffort in Raichak is Car or Bus. The Raichak bus terminus is far off Radisson. Driving time from kolkata to raichak is approx 1.5 hrs. The road is ok, a bit congested in Behala/Amtola. There is another way to reach there - From Howrah to Haldia by local train, from Haldia to kukrahati by Auto-rickshaw. Then you will get the ferry for raichak there. I suggest the previous route.

GUWAHATI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry service

thanx so much for the reply , actually i wanted to know whether it is possible to go to kidderpore dock/ghat by ferry from raichak. or is there a tier system of multiple changing of ferries , as we just want to have fun , Though i have all the information about road travel .

If not then what are the options available for ferry rides purely

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry service

For a Joy-Ride, you can take a cruise from Raichak to Kukrahati (Haldia) and back, by ordinary passenger launch. Those are available through out the day from Raichak Jetty, its about 2 km from Radisson Ffort.

Edited: 07 August 2010, 12:39
GUWAHATI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry service

thanx again for the input, i would like to clarify one question that a lot of people are apprehensive of the area as naxal infested. so is it safe to travel to raichak and is there a naxal /maoist factor in the area. pl. reply

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry service

There is no naxal or any such activities in Raichak. It is absolutely safe zone. Go and enjoy.

Edited: 09 August 2010, 14:34
Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry service

As AsishRoy said, the Naxal affected area is hundreds of kilometres away from Raichak, on the other side of Midnapore district. No need to worry about it. Have fun.

7. Re: ferry service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Raichak
Recent Conversations
More Raichak Topics