We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

Jodhpur, India
1 post
Save Topic
Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

What is the weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath In September-October. I am a senior citizen will I be in a position to tolerate weather at that time

vapi
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

what is a weather condition in may end?is yatra of yamnotri and kedarnath safe in the last week of may?and what is the charge of dolli ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

ssa210ssa

Day temperature of October would be normal rather little warm in sunny days. But night would be cold, highly tolarable. Light woolens will suffice. Temperature will fall sharply if rain occures.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 15:22
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

sjdesai51

Temperature of May would be pleasant in daytime, cool at night. Chances of occasional rains are there.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 15:24
Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

Please reply how cold are the nights in 1st week of June in Kedarnath. What are the precautions for the weather and mountain sickness? I also have knee pain.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

Night would be cold (tolerable) in June, but the temperature would fall sharply if rain comes, which is common in June. If you can afford, avail the helicopter tour, Fare is Rs. 7347 per person for the round trip, considering your knee pain. Otherwise, you have to trek 14 kms or by pony or doli.

AshisRoy

Edited: 17 May 2012, 12:49
Eluru, Andhra...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

i am going to haridwar kedarnath & badrinath i am stay every place 2days

no travel packege only singel so plz how to go and where to stay plz help mee plz... only singel yuggandharannapureddy@gmail.com

yuggandharannapureddy@yahoo.com plz help meeee.....

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

yuggandhar

Join the group tour of Kedar & Badri conducted by GMVN from Haridwar/Rishikesh. Log on www.gmvnl.com for further information and online booking.

AshisRoy

Edited: 11 July 2012, 11:58
Bangalore, India
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

how is the weather in the third week of october in kedar n badri? im planning to go with my son who can not take extreme cold climates. we r from bangalore. kindly help. would also be glad if u cn write up some places we shud not miss to visit during this trip n how many days it requires.

thanks so much.

Bangalore, India
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

how is the weather in the third week of october in kedar n badri? im planning to go with my son who can not take extreme cold climates. we r from bangalore. kindly help. would also be glad if u cn write up some places we shud not miss to visit during this trip n how many days it requires.

thanks so much.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather condition in Badrinath and Kedarnath

Temperature would be 12-13 max and 5-6 min in October end in Kedar-Badri. Take adequate winter garments accordingly. Otherwise, the weather would be friendly.

Must see Debaprayag (confluence of river Alakananda & Mandakini), Chopta and Harsil, these all comes en-route.

Edited: 24 September 2012, 12:05