We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to darjeeling & sikkim

Mohali, India
1 post
visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Hi,

We (me, my wife & two kids below 10 years)are planning a trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok in end of march for a 7 or 8 days. Our preference is peaceful area with scenic beauty. Could somebody suggest the trip plan. We also want to visit Khardungla. Will it be possible to visit in this part of year. Pl suggest the good hotels.

Satvinder

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
1. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Satvinder

You may try the following itinerary :

Day 1 Bagdogra/NJP – Sighik

Day 2 Singhik – Lachen

Day 3 Lachen – Chopta Valley – Lachung

Day 4 Lachung – Yumthang- Gangtok

Day 5 Gangtok - local sightseeing

Day 6 To Darjeeling

Day 7 Darjeeling - local sightseeing

Day 8 Return to Bagdogra/NJP

Khadungla is in Ladakh (Western Himalaya). If you mean Nathula, yes it is possible in March end.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 years ago
Bengaluru, India
5 posts
2. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

hi,

please someone give us the details of tour plan to Darjeeling and sikkim and the approx cost involved per person including accomdn,sight seeing and veg food for a week. We plan to travel this summer with family to the possible places along with 3 kids[2 above 13yrs].

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
3. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Uma67

Suggestive itinerary ;

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok (4hrs). Stroll around M.G.Marg, overnight

Day2 Gangtok. - local sight seeing

Day3 To Pelling via Ravangla (4.5hrs).

Day4 Pelling - Darap Village, Rimbi Waterfalls, Rock Garden, Kunchenjungha Water Falls and Khecheopalri Lake. After lunch visit Pemayangtse Monastery, Helipad View Point, Rubduntse Palace Ruins and Bird Sanctuary

Day5 Pelling To Darjeeling (4hrs), afternoon - roaming around Mall, coffee at Glenery's

Day6 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden

Day7 Return journey.

Budget would be around Rs.55000. for 2 adults and 3 children (age as specified) Incl accommodation/transfer and sight seeing. Breakfast, luch and dinner.

AshisRoy

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
4. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Thanks Mr AshisRoy. shall try to arrange prog accordingly.

5. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Darjeeling, Gangtok in the last week of June. I see the above itinerary pretty interesting. Please advice if I can do this in the last month of June.

Regards,

Praveen

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
7. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

June end will not be a suitable time for visiting Darjeeling and Gangtok. Monsoon will be at its peak in June end. Its a landslide prone zone. Maximum landslides occur in monsoon, specially if the rain continues for longer duration.

AshisRoy

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Many thanks for the response AshisRoy, how about Srinagar-Ladakh for 6 nights-7 days?

Since you have knowledge in Kashmir as well, I posted this query here.

Regards,

Praveen

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
9. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Yes, Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg can be done. Leh can also be included with additional 4 days in your plan.

AshisRoy

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: visit to darjeeling & sikkim
Save

Is it advisable to visit Sikkim in the 2nd week of June? Kindly provide your valuable input