We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelling sight-seeing

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
456 posts
97 reviews
573 helpful votes
Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Hi,

I would like to know the places of interest in Pelling and around it. Tell me how much a car would cost. We would travelling in a group of 10. What is to see in Utterey and Richenpong..?

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
1. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Abhijit G

Places & sights around Pelling : Pemiyangtshe, Khechipalri, Kanchanjangha waterfall and other w.falls, Sandruptse (Namchi). Utterey & Rinchenpong are at a distant place, you may stay overnight at Rinchenpong / Kaluk.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 years ago
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
456 posts
97 reviews
573 helpful votes
2. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Thanks for your feedback Ashis. I would be staying at Pelling for 2nights and 3days. Suppose, if I hire a car and opt for local sight seeing in two halves? What would I do the next day? can you provide me a plan...?

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
3. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Day1 = After breakfast - Pemiyantshe, Khechopalri & Kanchanjongha / Rimbik Falls.

Day2 = Day tour to Ravangla/Namchi/Temi Tea Garden/ Guru Padmasamvaba etc.

AshisRoy

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
456 posts
97 reviews
573 helpful votes
4. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Hi Ashis,

How it would be If I go like this:

We leave Gangtok early in the morning to reach Pelling as early as possible. Day 1 - As soon as we get into hotel, we leave for sight seeing and return to hotel for lunch. After lunch we set off for the other sight seeing in Pelling.

Day 2 - We go for Ravangla,Namchi,Temi Tea Garden, Guru Padmasamvaba.

What else we can visit on day 2 since we would have the whole day. Please let me know the car fares for these trips.

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
5. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Abhijit G

You can do Ravangla,Namchi,Temi Tea Garden, Guru Padmasamvaba en-route Pelling. Start from Gangtok by 8 a.m. you'll be at Pelling by 4 p.m. visiting all the sights with a lunch break at Ravangla.

Next morning, After breakfast - Pemiyantshe, Khechopalri & Kanchanjongha / Rimbik Falls. You may do a soft trek there. Afternoon - at leisure.

Sumo or similar vehicle, would charge approximately Rs.6K for 2 days. (Gangtok - Pelling - NJP/Bagdogra drop-off including sight seeing)

Rinchenpong (Kaluk) can be included by an additional day.

AshisRoy

pune
3 posts
1 review
6. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Hi! I am somewhat confused about routes. There is so little information on Temi Tea Estate online, as to exact location etc. Is it next to Namchi or Ravangla? I am going to be driving up from Darjeeling to Pelling (via Namchi?). And after 2 nights I will be driving from Pelling to Gangtok via Ravangla. Considering the length and trecherousness of roads, journey time and comfort, should I be doing Temi tea garden on way to Pelling from Darjeeling or on my way to Gangtok from Pelling? How much time will it add to my journey? All this will be happening in May end.

The trouble is, Temi is not on the google maps and that really makes things hard to understand for me :(

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
7. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

manodasha

You can visit Temi Tea Garden, Sandruptse (statue of Guru Padmasambhaba) on your way to Gangtok from Pelling. Before reaching Ravangla. Okay?

AshisRoy

pune
3 posts
1 review
8. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

So if I understand correctly you are suggesting Darjeeling- Jorethang -Pelling.

And then after 2 days, Pelling -Temi tea- Samdruptse (Namchi?) -Ravangla -Gangtok?

Could you suggest how much time each of these might take? Are the roads very steep and winding?

India
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
56 reviews
183 helpful votes
9. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

Yes, thats the route. It will take about 4.5 hrs to reach Gangtok from Pelling via Ravangla. The roads are not much steep neither abnormally winding.

Gangtok, India
4 posts
10. Re: Pelling sight-seeing
Save

If you go to Gangtok from Pelling via Temi Tea Garden, Samdruptse in Namchi than it takes much longer than the normal route since Temi tea garden & Namchi adds you 3 hrs more to your normal time line . The total hours reaches to about 8 .