We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Hey... Can we easily get shared Cab or bus from Gangtok to Peeling and How long will be the jouney ?

The Peeling to Darjeeling shared cab/Bus... How long jounrey.

Also, please tell taxi/ bus stand of Peeling where Cab will drop us while coming from Gangtok and will we get shared cabs from same stand for Darjeeling too ? I am asking so that we take a hotel nearby from stand.

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Sikkim, India
Level Contributor
753 posts
63 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

yes you will get Shared vehicle from Gangtok (deorali Stand) to Geyzing Bazar stand

No direct sharing vehcile to PElling

From Geyzing you can hire Private taxi till you hotel

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
2. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Thanks Tapan for the reply... Shared Cab to Darheeling will also get from same Geyzing Bazar stand ??

So i will look to take a hotel may be nearby

Edited: 08 April 2022, 13:22
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
3. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Also when is the last shared cab/Bus available from Pelling to Darjeeling ??? And it will be from same Gezying bazar stand ?

Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,289 posts
577 reviews
453 helpful votes
4. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Keep in mind that Geyzing and Pelling are completely different place,Geyzing is district head quarter of West Sikkim,around 10km /half and hour away from Pelling.

Pelling village is not so big,mainly upper Pelling and middle Pelling (and lower),stay anywhere at upper or middle,have good views of Kanchanjanga.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
5. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Thanks Rahul... I would prefr to stay near stand where shared cabs will drop me from gangtok and then for my outward journey to Darjeeling.

Also if you have any idea till when last shared cabs would be available for Darjeeling.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
6. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Also Rahul..like Tapan said above we cant have shared cabs for Pelling so we have to change at Geyzing .. So may be its better to at Geyzing near the stand ?

Edited: 09 April 2022, 15:51
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

you will not get shared cabs for sightseeing at pelling so no point staying at geyzing. From geyzing you will get shared cabs/jeeps for different parts of sikkim. reserved car is the only way so why not from upper/ middle pelling plus u get best views of Mount K from there.

Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,289 posts
577 reviews
453 helpful votes
8. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

As a tourist no point staying in Geyzing,stay at Pelling.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
763 reviews
76 helpful votes
9. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

Thanks Rahul and HappyTraveller...Got your point so will book something in upper or middle pelling.

By any chance do you have idea about last cab from Pelling to Darjeeling ?? I was thinkng to leave in evening around 4-5 if cabs available at that time.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Save

when u reach geyzing ask at the taxi stand and if possible take few taxi drivers phone no.

Reply to: Gantok to Peeling to Darjeeling shared Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pelling