We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelling - Kaluk

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
278 posts
46 reviews
31 helpful votes
Pelling - Kaluk
Save

Hi,

Considering a trip around Oct -end- early Nov, Is the weather favorable for Gangtok /Pelling around this time of the year . I meant should I expect any rain.

In Pelling I intendto spend a couple of days and then move to Kaluk for 2-3 days.

Intend to cover places of interest / villages while in this part ..Any suggestions for any quaint village with great mountain views, please advice.

My queries :

a) are 4-5 days (Pelling and around) ) sufficient for a relaxed holiday or should I add a day or 2.

b) Also can I get a cab from these places as and when I require, Or do I have to keep the cab booked in advance.. (I guess so atleast for Kaluk and nearby places).

c) Any suggestion on good /clean homestays ..

thanks

2 replies to this topic
Gangtok, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
42 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Pelling - Kaluk
Save

Weather will be good during this period.Minimal chances of rain, clear days with good mountain views.

You will have no problem getting private taxis from towns like Pelling/Geyzing.However, the smaller villages will only have public jeeps which mostly run on share basis and limited frequency.

4-5 days is good for Pelling and surrounding villages/towns.

Recommended Homestay - Lakeview Nest Homestay, Khecheopalri

Edited: 04 September 2021, 09:23
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
278 posts
46 reviews
31 helpful votes
2. Re: Pelling - Kaluk
Save

Thanks Karma.. This sounds good then !

Reply to: Pelling - Kaluk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pelling
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.