We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transport to/fro Pelling

Bangalore District...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Hi all,

1. Can I get DIRECT bus/shared taxi from Gangtok to Ravangla? If yes, how much time will it take?

2. Then, can I get a bus/shared taxi from Ravangla to Pelling?

3. From Pelling, can I get a shared taxi / BUS to Bagdogra airport ? If yes, how much time will it take?

TIA,

Anisha

Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
1. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Anisha

There are shared taxis that run on Gangtok - Ravangla - Pelling - Siliguri - Bagdogra. All these taxis runs from the respective town taxi stands.

Assam, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
514 reviews
525 helpful votes
2. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Yes, you will find shared sumo / taxi from Gangtok to Ravangla (3 hrs).

There may be few direct taxis from Ravangla to Pelling (3 hrs), you may have to change at Geyzing (Gyalshing).

Edited: 1 year ago
Bangalore District...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Thank you all.

What is the time taken from Pelling to Siliguri, if via shared taxi?

Is it direct taxi or do I have to change vehicle anywhere? Is it going via Jortheng or Namchi?

My return flight is at 5 pm, need to reach airport by 3 pm atleast. So when should I start approximately from Pelling?

TIA

Anisha

Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
4. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Anisha J

There is no direct shared taxi from Pelling to Bagdogra but to Siliguri. From Siliguri you need to hire again an auto to the Airport. I would suggest to leave by 7 am so as to be on time (since you would be using a shared cab).

Bangalore District...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling
Save

Thank you so much.

Also any idea about getting rtpcr test done in Gangtok/ Pelling, looks like I will be needing one before travelling back to Bangalore?

TIA.

Anisha

6. Re: Help with transport to/fro Pelling

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Pelling
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.