We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shereton 8th April 2011

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Shereton 8th April 2011

Hi, we are staying at the Shereton on the 8th April - my partners first visit to The Gambia but I went 20 years ago! Feel free to let us know if you are out there the same time as us - would be nice to meet up for drinks somewhere......

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

stellastaff,

Welcome to the Gambia Forums..!!

Hopefully, someone will reply soon...

Have a Good Time...!!!!

Rich......

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

Well I will be there

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

8th umm is yesterday??

Stockport.Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

If you are back now, What did you think of the Sheraton?

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

The Sheraton was lovely....I don't think we could have done better! The room was lovely (we were lucky to be offered an upgrade on arrival) there was a small amount of damp in the toilet but, hey, for a 3rd world country we were not complaining! Staff were excellent - couldn't do enough to help. Our only 'complaint' was that they ran out of dark rum at all bars a couple of days before we left - a replacement was sourced but it wasn't very nice! The food was very good, lots of selection and a good variety. we were there 2 weeks and did not get bored with it. All in all the service was great. The Sheraton has a lot of lovely grounds and is of course right on the beach.

Changing money was easy to do as well just pop to reception and they change sterling or travellers cheques and the rate was very reasonable.

Would definitely recommend the place to anyone and will be going back there again.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

Did you go on any trips...?

Rich.....

Stockport.Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

Glad you enjoyed it.

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

We went on 3 trips with the Gambia Experience. First one was the 4 x 4 day....very good and lots of fun, second was the Lazy Day....relaxing and very boozy!!! lol....then we went on the Kombo Experience which was also very good - didn't manage to spot any chameleons though which I was most disappointed with!! We were also lucky enough to meet up with Steve and Amanda in Brufut - they took us out to Bakau and the Senegambia strip....fantastic fun was had! :-)....other than that we enjoyed the beach and spent much time ralaxing, chilling and generally being very lazy!!! Lovely! ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Kombo Beach Hotel
Kombo Beach Hotel
1,160 Reviews
Kotu, Gambia
Senegambia Beach Hotel
Senegambia Beach Hotel
1,379 Reviews
Serekunda, Gambia
London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

We are going next april

Is it genuinly all inclusive?

Can you access AI drinks and food most of the time?

Interested to know about the cost of taxi fares Any ideas?

Looking forward to our holiday the more I read the reviews about this hotel.

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shereton 8th April 2011

Hi

I suspect its not what you (and most people) would call AI. The breakfast lunch and dinner are all from a set limited buffet menu anything outside this is charged extra.Alcohol is mostly locally produced i.e. Julbrew ok but Stella Artois extra Mineral water and soft drinks are local Full bottles Premium brands room service and mini-bar are all extra Ice cream noon-5pm Snacks 3-5.30pm 10% discount in Spa. Fitness room/sauna hours limited AI ends at noon on your final day so anything your party eats/drinks after that is charges in full rgds

Get answers to your questions about Brufut
Recent Conversations