We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Vision

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
White Vision

Went down to Brufut Beach today to see about organising beach days for the children. A nice surprise – the track down has been improved, and it is now possible for cars to get down there – but still a very bumpy ride. Went over to ‘Chatty’s’ bar but no sign of life. All the flowers he planted last year have grown in profusion – but no Chatty. So walked back to ‘White Vision’ near the beach road. They agreed to hold our beach days, we just buy the snacks, and they prepare them.

They have two shady bantabas, a hammock, and a gym!!

…photobucket.com/albums/…

And And a European and clean flushing toilet!!

AND AND – Grannysticks – they have sunbeds!!!

And (for someone who wanted palms) They have jelly coconut palms.

This place is now very good for the disabled /wheelchair users, because you can get down in the car, and get into White Vision easily.

So anyone who wants to join us(or avoid us) is welcome, usually on a Wednesday morning from about 10 – 12 in the morning.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Hampshire
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Vision

Hi Heledd

I am probably being completely thick, but I don't think I have ever come across White Vision, we normally go down to Bamboo as we really like the guys and their cooking! Do you know where it is in relation to Bamboo, I am presuming it is along heading towards The Sheraton, it would be great to find somewhere new.

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Vision

I think Bamboo is in Brusubi? White Vision is nearer the Sheraton, just by a very rough road down to the beach. You turn off the main road by a mosque.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Vision

Thanks Heledd, we will have to investigate, we must have walked past it dozens of times!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White Vision

FAB!!! We went here last year and liked it. Also there is one abit furhter on nearer the sheraton which had Sofas on the sand!! Was lovely. Not sure which one is Chattys????? The one on the other side of the track to White vision waS NICE TOO THOUGH THE TOILET WAS YUK! cANT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CALLED. THANKS hELEDE. wE WILL CERTAINLY JOIN YOU FOR SOME FUN ON THE BEACH NEXT YEAR! mY BOY SWILL LOVE IT!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Vision

OOOOOPS - not sure what happened to my typing there!!! sorry xx

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White Vision

Sue, it's pinned on my 'sticky' map. It's our local and Noah is a good friend. Who's invested the money Heledd? He was in 'partnership' with a Belgian (?) guy who brought kayaks and a couple of other sports 'bits' and changed the name to Sitakoto but when business didn't boom he did a runner with EVERYTHING from the bar, including the plastic chairs and table and left Noah in a real mess. I hope that whoever is involved now isn't going to do the dirty on him again. He's a lovely guy and works really hard in the Army and then at the bar during his time off.

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Vision

Amanda - Noah remembered you, and said he has handed over ownership to a Swiss lady and her Gambian husband.Noah manages the place. The Swiss couple have bought the sunbeds, put in the toilet, etc. Noah got the local bar owners to 'make' the road, because they were losing a lot of business through people not being able to get down to the beach.

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: White Vision

Oh they also do boat trips to the nearby islands (I've always wondered how to get there) for 300 dalasis, and will also go up the bolong to Lamin Lodge

Mentioned in this post
Lamin Lodge
Lamin Lodge
163 Reviews
Lamin, Gambia
Spilsby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: White Vision

Hi Heledd. Could you give directions from Villagers Beach Bar, which is where we usually call.Thanks

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: White Vision

Just the bar on the other side of the dirt track. Two minutes away.

Get answers to your questions about Brufut
Recent Conversations