We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Ok. The days are very hot and sunny. No worries there. BUT there is a very cold wind. Evenings and mornings can be quite chilly. So anyone coming out this week, bring a few warm items as well. (Just a light shawl or jumper would do)

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hi

Thanks for that update heledd very thoughtful rgds

South London
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Hiya Heledd

Thanks for the weather report (was gonna post a question about what the weather is like in May), do you know what the weather will be like in May? Read reports that it will hot and humid in May during the day, but more concerned about the weather in the morning and evenings. Any ideas? I will be in Gambia from 11th May to 25 May this year.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

When we went in May I didnt need jumper etc for evening but tended to wear longer sleeves cos of mozzies.

March this year was so much warmer on an evening than March last year. So I suppose answer is it SHOULD be warmer on evening but take a thin wrap, cardigan just in case.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

granny have to agree with you about the weather this March to last March,

last years eve photos we are all in big hoodies and fleeces,

this year all in strappy tops and carrying our cardies, as not needed.

mjc

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

May is usually a lovely time to come (I think). Rains not yet started, and evenings and mornings warm.

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

IMO it's warming up for the green season. I was 'frozen' in the mornings and at night for the first 10 - 12 days but the last couple of nights it certainly seemed to be warming up. Actually put the fan on in the bedroom for the last 2 nights but still had my fleece blanket!

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Yes cold winds gone now. Fan flappping time again!

South London
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

Hiya Heledd

Thanks for the weather update.

In 9 days I will be in the lovely Gambian sunshine, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially now the cold spell has returned to London....

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
9. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Brufut
Recent Conversations