We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

I have found three airconditioned choices for Blagoevgrad for the middle of July: The Club Varosha, The Korona, and the Fenix....Would appreciate input from anyone in the know, as to the best value/nicest/best located of these three potentials! Many thanks from Texas Fluffy. PS Club Varosha is equiv. of approx $60 US dollars per night, I surmise -

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

Just out of curiosity which did you choose as I plan to spend a week in Bansko and one night in Blagoevgrad at the Varosha - near the Aqua park.

Thanks

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

I had the great good fortune of having given to me for my use, a 2-bedroom, airconditioned apt. right in the downtown of Blagoevgrad, whose owner was away. I was visiting my family in Blag., so the apt. was perfect for me.....I did, however, visit the Club Varosha, just to check it out, and it seemed very nice, indeed. They DO accept major credit cards, which is helpful, too...So, so many restaurants & hotels do NOT, which wouldn't be a tremendous problem, but the Blagoevgrad banks also do NOT accept our standard American ATM cards (they require an ATM which has a 'chip' and ours have only a magnetic strip, as a rule). The Varosha was up a nice, small hill and very near the water park.......Be sure to visit the Rila Monastery outside Blag.; it's stunning......I am sorry that I don't know from 'which' country you are travelling, but please remember that Bulgaria is not on the Euro, so you are going to need to find a way to convert your currency to Leva, and this was a great difficulty for me - Have a nice trip and I will answer any more questions that you have, as my son & his family are residing there for a time - TexasFluffy

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

Thanks for the answer - I have been to Bulgaria before - we live in Greece approx 7hrs drive from Bansko. We normally go in winter ( as we will do again this year) but we thought we'd have a cheap summer holiday there this year as it cost us 2,000 euro to holiday in Zakynthos (Greek island) this year. I know where to go in Bansko - we are going to the Jazz festival (well the last two days) in August and I'd thought I would find other places to take the kids as well - so was thinking of visiting the water park (although much smaller than my kids are used to) - though it would be nice to stay a night at Blagoevrad as well - anyway I have loads of time to plan this - first much get the ski holiday booked!

Oh yes, I have no problems in Bulgaria as there are so many Greek banks everywhere - I just take my bank card and get levs out as I need them.

Thanks again

4. Re: Please help me decide between 3 hotels in Blagoevgrad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Blagoevgrad