We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

I would love to hear from someone who has personally stayed in a comfortable, quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad. I now have a "list" of hotels in Blagoevgrad, but it seems confusing to read the "reviews" listed by each hotel, as all appear to be rather conflicting. Then it sort of disintegrates into a "conflict' between reviewers........I would like something accessible to City Centre, clean and quiet, for an older female traveler. Your personal experience would help greatly!

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

try Hotel Corona (Hotel Crown) it's really nice place, rooms are about 20-25 EUR (at least they were 2 years ago)

It's in quiet area and mean time it's accessible to the center of the town.

Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

I stayed 2 or 3 days here http://www.varosha.net/?p=rooms&lang=bg

The hotel has only few rooms and mine was nice, clean and quiet. A little bit overdecorated for my taste but that's not such a concern.

I was with colleague of mine, and his opinion about his room was also very positive.

The restaurant was also quite during my short stay. I heard this is not always like this (especially in weekends). I'm not sure if possible noise in the restaurant reflects anyhow on quietness of the rooms as the hotel and the restaurant are located in different buildings (though very close to each other).

I don't remember if the windows were soundproof as I kept them open to listen to the birds.

The downtown is few minutes walking distance from the hotel, and I'd recommend having food there- much wider choice and variety of interior, food type and prices.

Overall, I'd recommend staying in the hotel but having food downtown.

If you don't like this hotel, search for others in the same area- "Varosha" quarter- it's just next to the "forest" and was peaceful place at least when I was there.

plovdiv
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

Try Fenix hotel the double room is only 25 euros and it`s very clean. It is just 5 minutes walk from the bus station and the centre of the town. They can offer you also a great choice of breakfast menu.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

Thanks for the suggestions on both the Club Varosha and the Fenix Hotel, two good recommendations. Very much appreciated! I have checked the range of temperature in Blagoevgrad, and it appears that mid-July could be get hot enough to require that the hotel have airconditioning. All of your suggestions are so very helpful. I don't know the 'price range' of the Varosha or the Fenix but can get on the website to determine this - Many thanks from Texas Fluffy!

Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

The Varosha prices are well higher than the Fenix ones. You set cleanness, peacefulness and location as criteria, and Varosha best meets these ones among the hotels I've visited in Blagoevrgad.

This does not mean that the others are something to avoid.

Overall, there is good choice of accommodation places in this city, at low prices (as suggested by other users above).

As for the temperatures, you are right, A/C will be needed. Usually such is available (especially in new private hotels) but still it's not a bad idea to ask for this.

6. Re: Quiet hotel in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria desired

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Blagoevgrad