We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

We are a family of 4 thinking of visiting either one of the places in June. Which one would you prefer? Plus, in June I have learned that tiger sighting is much higher(any inputs would be awesome)

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Hi

i personaly suggest you for bandhavgarh. its was fantastic trip for me & seen 6 tigers in two days

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Sighting tiger in Bandhavgarh is almost guaranteed. The men of forest authority locate tigers and stationed 1-2 elephant nearby the tigers. Then they send Visitors according to the located spot. They take the help of walky-talky for the communications. Of course, Someimes the plan does not work smoothly. In my first visit to Bandhavgarh in 80s, they used to take Rs.20, only after sighting the tiger.

Edited: 26 February 2012, 20:21
San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

thanks!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Bandhavgarh is better. But probability of tiger sighting is good at both the places!! Do take atleast 4 safaris wherever you go just to enhance your chances!!!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

I agree with udaipurmagic, AshisRoy and sachindixit, out of both of these places the probability of seeing tiger is higher in Bandhavgarh than Rathambore.

Cheers,

Riya.

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

visit Bandhavgarh !

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

june its gonna be shut...do check beore making plans

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Both Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore remain open till June 30th!!!

Check this link for booking safari for bandhavgarh https:/…foresthome.htm

jaipur
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Well I live in Jaipur and I will say don't compare both places because both are different and good place, if you talk about the Both national park then Both are good so you can visit both places one by one in this summer. Actually i visited both places and i am very lucky that i seen 10 big Cats of jungle(tiger) in a single day in Bhandhavgarh which is situated in Madhya Pradesh. My personally feeling is that you have to visit first Bhandhavgarh and then Ranthambore national park. Both have the approx 35 to 40 Tigers in entire jungle. If you choose Bhandhavgarh then just choose (Tala sanctuary because it has the highest density of tiger in a park and remember Every Wednesday the sanctuary remains closed so be alert OK but my personally advise is also that visit Once Ranthambore also where 6 Zones are available in the park to watch the first image of tiger. )

jaipur
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ranthambore or Bandhavgar

Well I live in Jaipur and I will say don't compare both places because both are different and good place, if you talk about the Both national park then Both are good so you can visit both places one by one in this summer. Actually i visited both places and i am very lucky that i seen 10 big Cats of jungle(tiger) in a single day in Bhandhavgarh which is situated in Madhya Pradesh. My personally feeling is that you have to visit first Bhandhavgarh and then Ranthambore national park. Both have the approx 35 to 40 Tigers in entire jungle. If you choose Bhandhavgarh then just choose (Tala sanctuary because it has the highest density of tiger in a park and remember Every Wednesday the sanctuary remains closed so be alert OK but my personally advise is also that visit Once Ranthambore also where 6 Zones are available in the park to watch the first image of tiger. )

Get answers to your questions about Ranthambore National...