We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query on Corbett , Nainital & Haridwar Trip in Sept 2013

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Query on Corbett , Nainital & Haridwar Trip in Sept 2013

Dear All,

I am planning to visit Haridwar,Nainital,Almora and Corbett on 1st week of september this year along with family(8 Aduld + 1 Child). Kindly may advise on the following queries:

1. Whether any risk is there for travelling in above mentioned places after such devastationin

uttarakhand?

2. Please Suggest a budget hotel with lift facility in Haridwar and Nainital.

3. Is it true that some part of Corbett National Park is closed for visitors during september and jungle safari is not possible?

4. If yes, then kindly suggest what will be the available places to visit nearby Nainital.

Please help me out as i am unable to finalise my september trip due to various rumors from not so authentic sources..

Regards

Soumitava Roy

Mumbai

Mentioned in this post
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
Nainital
Nainital
Nainital District, India
Almora
Almora
Almora District, India
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
9,055 posts
665 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Query on Corbett , Nainital & Haridwar Trip in Sept 2013

hi soumitava...

monsoon ends till august end in kumaon...bit occassional shower remain till sep mid in interior of kumaon hills...

but you can easily visit the places mentioned by you without any hesistation...

distance between nainital and haridwar is approx 225 kms ...so if you dont want to do lengthy journey then better stick with kumaon.

or, if want to cover haridwar then go haridwar first via delhi...then go to corbett-nainital

yes, the major gate of corbett which is dhikala, remains closed upto 15th nov..also bijrani remains closed upto 31st oct...but can do jungle safari from jhirna gate..remains open throughout the year..rich by flora and founa..animals..river..but chances of spotting of tigers by that gate is less...also in sep due to long grass- its difficult to spot them..

places around nainital- day trip tomukteshwar, day trip to naukuchiatal-bhimtal-sattal=bhowali.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Query on Corbett , Nainital & Haridwar Trip in Sept 2013

Thanks a lot for the assistance sir..

3. Re: Query on Corbett , Nainital & Haridwar Trip in Sept 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 09:46