We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Dhikala

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Dhikala

Hi,

I am planning to visit Corbett in 2nd-3rd week of December. I want to stay in Dhikala for obvious reasons. kmvn guest house is booked. Could you please advice what are the other options?

I am going with my parents and wish to stay there for 2D/3N.

Ready to shell out extra if the guest house/hotel is as close to jungle as possible.

Quick reply would be appreciated as I have to do all the travel bookings accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Aniket

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

AniYo

You may try Dhikala Forest Lodge. They have package 2D/3N. www.dhikalaforestlodge.in

Tour My India, A - 60, Second Floor, Sector - 2, Noida - 201301

Tel + 91- 120 - 4052601 - 99, + 91 - 9212777224 / 25

Email: info@dhikalaforestlodge.in

Mumbai Office : Tour My India, G-301, Arshie complex, Panchsheel

Yaari Road, Andheri West. Mumbai - 400061. Tel + 91- 9223189888/ 9223190888, + 91 - 9212777223 / 24 / 25. Email: info@dhikalaforestlodge.in

AshisRoy

Edited: 26 November 2011, 13:40
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

All rooms inside the park are fully booked, the best you can acheive is to take rooms in Dhikuli Garjia, a tiny village just north of Ramnagar.

I was talking to my friend, a guide in Corbett, yesterday.

He was telling me that one of his clients saw 7 tigers in the Bijrani zone in 2 days, Wednesday and Thursday.

Bijrani has always been good to me aswell.

Apart from the Gharial, and some water fowl, Bijrani is every bit as good as Dhikala.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Thank you AshisRoy for the quick reply.

I have checked the website. Seems good. Is this official forest guest house?

This is what is mentioned on their website:

"Dhikala forest lodge is run and managed by forest department under Corbett national park, it is located in the core area of Corbett national park."

Regards,

Aniket

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Hey orbis_non_sufficit, Thanks for the update. I am visiting Corbett for the first time. What I have heard from my friends and some wildlife enthusiasts on different forums is that Dhikala is the best. And as I am traveling with my parents, I would like to give them a good experience. I have traveled to most jungles in central india and wouldnt have minded staying in Bijrani had I traveled alone.

Another question: The gate bookings for these are also to be done in advance?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Aniket

Already answered to your p.m.

AshisRoy

Edited: 26 November 2011, 17:11
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

I am a cynic I know, but the website suggested above is not the official corbett park website.

The official corbett park web address is

http://www.corbettnationalpark.in/

From where you can get the following info, and contact details

The Director

Corbett Tiger Reserve

Ramnagar – 244 715

Distt. Nainital

(Uttaranchal)

INDIA

Tel.: +91-5947-253977

Park Reception – 251489

Fax: +91-5947-251012, 251376

Email : dirctr@yahoo.in

As convincing as that other website is, I am sure it is a travel agency.

As far as Dhikala is concerned, and I am sure each has their own opinion,

since flooding in September 2010 Dhikala has not been nearly so good.

Thousands of tons of sand have been deposited upon the grasslands, and has disrupted the feeding habits of many creatures, tigers included.

Tiger sightings in Bijrani have been superb for the last few years, and while Dhikala is different, I prefer Bijrani.

The main reason that many say Dhikala is better, is because the Dhikala forest lodge was, and still is, the best accommodation inside the park.

In practise, it is the hardest of all forest rest houses at which to get rooms.

Your parents would be happy at Bijrani

Edited: 26 November 2011, 21:16
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Thank you to both of you for the invaluable inputs.

@orbis_non_sufficit - Yes, thats correct. The motivation to stay inside dhikala is the rest house which is inside the core. Now due to non availability I can check Bijrani too. Can you please suggest a convenient place where I can stay and yet get the eerie jungle feeling? Also which part of jungle would I be visiting if I stay in Bijrani?

Reply will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Aniket

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

If there is no availability inside the park, then the next best thing is to stay in the buffer zone and take safaris by jeep into either the Bijrani, or Jhirna areas.

If you want eerie just stay in the buffer zone, and during the night walk down the road, either way is fine, as both directions lead to tigers or leopards.

Even if there are a few miles between them and you, you will still have need to change your underwear. Why ? Because there may well not be a couple of miles between you. The buffer zone is very wild too.

Staying at the Hideaway a couple of years back, a bull elephant was trying to get at the resorts girlies (ellies), he made some blood curdling noises, before the fire crackers let off by the resort nightwatchmen scared him off.

My good friend Ramesh has taken photos of tigers sat upon his backdoor step.

Between November last year and february this year a dozen or more people were killed by tigers and leopards in the buffer zone.

Only sissies go to the forest rest camps, because there they have protection from electric fences. There are'nt any in the buffer zone.

Eerie enough ??

Siliguri, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Dear Ashish Sir

Your messages are realy helping me a lot. First the Kohli travels for car and now the Dikhala booking details. I have contacted tourmyindia and they have given me a package of 33000 for 2n/3d for 3 adults in Dhikala Tourist Lodge with 4 jeep safaris. WOW. Now can I trust them for paying advance as I heard some problem is going on regarding Dhikala tourism from Court. Please suggest.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 15:48
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Dhikala

Thats a very good price for such a tour. What they will be asking when they are sure they can do the package, is another thing ?

I am told by a few people in Corbett, that Dhikala accommodations may be off the menu.