We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

THIS IS NOT A PLUG FOR A TRAVEL AGENT

I hope someone will find it useful

I visited Corbett national park earlier this year and it was such a fabulous trip. I managed to see quite a few things I would not normally have noticed, including tigers, elephants and leopards, and an absolutely amazing array of birdlife, you just would not believe, but also many small interesting things that otherwise would have just gone whizzing over my head.

This was, in the main, due to the eagle eyes of the guide showng me corbett.

The guides name was Ramesh. And it was his community project, through which I made all my arrangements.

I cannot recommend highly enough the use of this service.

We are not talking about any travel agents or tour operators now, these are local guides putting the general public in easy touch with all local services.

The accommodations range from Backpackers - Luxury. Tiger safaris, and elephant safaris are with the local safari companies, transfers are by the local taxi firm, so everyone wins

Anyone who has ever tried making a booking to visit corbett will know how hard this can be, and just how expensive it can be through a travel agent.

Well these guys do everything for you, they ensure you get exactly what you ask for, and that you wont pay over the odds for it.

The best thing about it is, it helps just about everyone in the local community of Corbett.

The guides, the hotels and guest houses, safari and taxi firms, and local restaurants. The people that get the most from this scheme are those that work and live there, all are locals, and their incomes, like everybody else's, are very important to them.

As a result of this scheme the local school children are now drinking clean water, as a result of water purification systems installed in the schools. Quite a few are also having their schooling and clothing paid for. One little chap has even received surgery for facial burns with the help of a donation from funds raised by the scheme.

When something works so well and does so much good for so many, why would anyone want to use a travel agent ?

As a prsonal recommendation, the kind of thing that everyone visits Tripadvisor to find, I would thoroughly recommend visiting this website

www.tigersincorbett.com

Tigersincorbett is not yet a registered charity but plans are being drawn up, this will be the next step.

It will be called MR STRIPES

Missions Remit.

Saving Tigers Relying Initially upon Primary Educational Support

Jack

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

Bandana1957, I am sorry, I have only just found your postings

You emphasise "clean", a lot ! If I were you, I would stick with buffer zone rooms at a nice resort.

There are several categories of rooms at Dhikala. The Khinanauli rooms are a lot more expensive, but not any better than the rest.The reason for the higher cost is because the park authority wishes to keep that FRH as a place for VIP's. If the likes of you or I want to stay there, it will be necessary to hire cooks, cleaners, staff in general, and transportation of all supplies etc.

The nicest rooms of all FRH's, that I have seen, are in the Sonanandi area at Lohachaur.

There are only 2 rooms and they are beautifully maintained. That area is more isloated than the rest, and tiger sightings are not so common, but I am told that there was a very good sighting last week of a Tigress, moving around with her cubs. I can only assume she will stay and make that her territory. If so, then that would be great.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

It is not sure if any park will now open for tiger safari but I want to tell you that if they are opening again to be sure of visiting to tigersincorbett web sight.

Jack they are very good and I recommend them also

regards Momtaz

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

Nice one Momtaz

24. Re: Personal Recommendation for a Tiger Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 14:46