We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Cruise Excursions

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
300 reviews
Save Topic
Israel Cruise Excursions

Has anyone used this company? We will be in Ashdod on a big cruise and want to visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem

15 replies to this topic
Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,754 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

Why not use the ship shore excursion? They have the best option for what you are looking for. This company offers these excursions as a group tour or private and are very professional.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

My guess is that the ship's excursions - even if identical to the tours offered independently by the same operator - are usually considerably more expensive.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

The ship's excursions are not necessarily more expensive than those offered by an independent company - one major difference is that the ship's tours almost always include lunch while the other tours do not.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

hi chana ,

we are a group of 8 and would like to go out in morng by 6 am to jerusalem , bethelem by a taxi sight seeing and back in late evening . wht would be the fare in dollars per head.this is a cargo ship and will be arriving ashdod port shortly

kinndly inform as soon as possible

my email id : clarence1232000@yahoo.co.in

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

we are a group of 8 and would like to go out in morng by 6 am to jerusalem , bethelem by a taxi sight seeing and back in late evening . wht would be the fare in dollars per head.this is a cargo ship and will be arriving ashdod port shortly

kinndly inform as soon as possible

my email id : clarence1232000@yahoo.co.in

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

Since you will be arriving on a cargo ship you need to clarify with the shipping line what your transit options are once you dock - odds are there will not be taxis waiting at the dock and you will need to find out how to arrange for one or how to get out of the port. This is not a common occurrence and your best source of information, at least regarding this part of your trip will be the shipping line.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,586 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

With a group of 8, rather than going through a company I would suggest you hire a private tour guide. THis way YOU get to pick the EXACT guide you are going to be using and YOU get to arrange the exact itinerary. Many tour guides are also licensed to drive. With 8 people your costs will be equal to or less than that of a tour company. This link will give you ideas of guides as well as a guide I put together on how to hire your own guide.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k653…

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

I did the Jerusalem/ Dead sea tour with Thomsons who used Israel Shore Excursions Experts Ltd. The tour was excellent with a very knowledgeable friendly guide Zahi Shaked. Lunch each day and dinner on the first night with an overnight hotel stay were included, which made it very good value for money without any hassle.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,754 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

You cannot take a taxi to Bethlehem from Ashdod in any case. If this company has a tour option that suites you then go for it. You really do not have any other option if you want to visit Bethlehem as well as Jerusalem.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel Cruise Excursions

Clarence wrote *in November* that he and his group would be arriving in Ashdod *shortly*. So I assume that they are long gone!!!

Reply to: Israel Cruise Excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted