We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know how the ongoing earthquakes are going in Bali we are flying over on Saturday my wife isn’t too keen to go. We are staying in Ubud Sanur Nusa Lembongan.

Hearing reports that after shocks are quite frequent does it appear that things are getting better or worse. I can’t find up todate information either.

Just posted a question about Nusa Lembongan specifically as well.

Thanks for any info

Cheers Ian

10 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

There have been no earthquakes in Bali.The recent earthquakes have been on and around Lombok. Lombok is not part of Bali. Please read this long thread.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Mornington...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

No problems in Bali. I have been here for 9 days and have felt 4 tremors resulting from Lombok earthquakes but nothing damaging or concerning.

Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Thanks so much very reassuring to hear that 👍

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

I too are flying over on Saturday and going to Ubud and Lembongan Island and need to know if they are lewtting people on Lembongan

Kerobokan Kelod...
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Hi kazkye,

Of course, Nusa Lembongan, Ceningan, and Penida have been totally unaffected by the earthquakes in Lombok. The earthquakes are around 130 away and felt but not damaging.

Cheers

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

The news stations use Bali as a headline as most people can identify with it but no earthquakes have occurred in a very long time on the Island of Bali.

Cheers Mac 😎😎

Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Thanks Mac for the update will let my better half know and hopefully it will calm her nerves. We hear mixed reports of ongoing tremors is that the case or it’s just life as usual in Bali.

Cheers Ian 👍🍺

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
8. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Hi Ian

I am in Sanur atm and we did feel a small aftershock this morning but that has been the first in a few days. There’s been no damage and everyone is going about their business as usual.

Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

Hi Stacey

Thank you very much for the update, take care enjoy your holiday. Cheers Ian

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali

In my 20 years of living in Indonesia i have experienced well over 300 of these tremors. It becomes normal after a while.

Screaming and running does not stop an earth tremor. I have found however that grabbing another beer seems to calm them down.

Reply to: Ongoing Earthquakes in Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted