We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by luxury bus

Kolkata, India
10 posts
Save Topic
Travelling by luxury bus

is there regular luxury bus service between Haridwar and New Tehri? If the answer is 'yes', timings of the bus and the location of the bus stand in Haridwar.

Nirmal Kumar Ganguli

Kolkata.

Mentioned in this post
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
New Tehri
New Tehri
Tehri Garhwal District, India
5 replies to this topic
India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by luxury bus

Bus for Tehri is available from Rishikesh. Those are ordinary bus, starts from 7 am in an interval of 1 hr. The bus terminus close to Nataraj Hotel, Rishikesh.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 21:11
Mentioned in this post
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
Kolkata, India
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by luxury bus

Thank you Mr. Ashis Roy.

I do not claim me as an expert. However, I have been traveling in different places of the Himalaya regions since 1959 and that started from visiting Nainital, Almora, Ranikhet and Koushani. In the year 1962 along with my three friends I visited Kedarnath and Badrinath and next to that year we explored the Valley of Flowers and Hemkunda Saheb. We were so charmed with the beauty of the Himalayas that the four friends continued to visit places like Gangotri, Yomunotri, Pindary Gleciar, Har ki Dun etc in subsequent years. We had to cover long paths on foot (treking) since the bus roads were not completed. Once we chose a different rout to trvel in the Himalayas. We got down at Najibabad Jn to catch a train for Kotdwara wherefrom we took bus for Lansdown (before the birth of Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand). After two/three days stay we proceed for Pauri and stayed in the Pauri Municipal Guest House (rent was Rs 13/- per day) where we were given a well furnished suit of three rooms. Pauri was then out of the list of the Uttar Pradesh Govt. Tourism.

Kindly do not mind. I have grown old now and did not travel in Garhwal for long time. Therefore. I need help from you. My question was: Can I get a luxury bus service for travelling from Haridwar/Rishikesh to New Tehri since I visited Tehri but not New Tehri. On the way to Harsil I intend to visit the place and shorten the long bus journey. On way back I like to stay at Chamba for a night as well.

Your suggestion Please.

Thanking you again.

Sincerely yours,

Nirmal Ganguli

Kolkata.

Mentioned in this post
Nainital
Nainital
Nainital District, India
Almora
Almora
Almora District, India
Ranikhet
Ranikhet
Almora District, India
Badrinath
Badrinath
Chamoli District, India
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
New Tehri
New Tehri
India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling by luxury bus

What I suggested you is applicable for New Tehri also. Frequency of N/Tehri bus is nearly every hour from Rishikesh. You may get Chamba bound bus also. From Chamba to N/Tehri can be travelled by shared vehicle, its about 11 kms.

AshisRoy

Edited: 28 August 2012, 21:19
Mentioned in this post
New Tehri
New Tehri
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
Kolkata, India
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling by luxury bus

Thank again and again for your valuable tips. I am very obliged.

With all respects,

Nirmal

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling by luxury bus

Are there buses from Haridwar to New tehri / Chamba?

Mentioned in this post
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
New Tehri
New Tehri
Reply to: Travelling by luxury bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Tehri
Recent Conversations